DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Help with headlight bulb #'s.

679 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  platinuminjected 
#1 ·
I searched and didn't find what I was looking for.....

I've got a 2011 1500 and I'm looking to put Silverstars in the headlights. Problem is, I can't find which bulb #'s I'm supposed to buy. The manual says dual headlamp is #H13, low beam is # H11 and high beam is #9005. Do I need to buy all of them or just the dual beam H13? I'm lost.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Depends on what your truck has for headlights.
If you have a separate bulbs for low and hi beams that would be the H11's and 9005.
If you have a single bulb in the headlights then it's the H13.

The "dual" headlights only have a single bulb. The "quad" headlights have a two bulb system.

#3 ·
Ok, I see what you're saying. I was pretty confused about it. I follow you now. I just checked and it's got two bulbs inside the headlamp so I guess I need both the high and low bulb #'s.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

#4 ·
I was the same as you when I first got my Ram, I'd still be fumbling in the dark if it wasn't for this forum! If you do some poking around there are a couple three or four good threads on pulling the headlights! That too can be an adventure! Let us know if you need any help!

#5 ·
thanks for pointing him in the right direction stump3r great job bud and id defently look up thoes threads on removing the headlights cuz if you dont know where everything is it will be a pain in the ass to get them out(i found out the hard way)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.