DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Need suggestions for hp

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  4doordodge4life 
#1 ·
I just got beat by a v-6 mustang and I hate that, I've got a '02 Quad Cab with 4.7 and looking for ideas for mods. I have CAI, BBK shorty headers and flowmaster exhaust. I realize I out weigh the stang by about 600 - 800 lbs but I can't let this go.

I'd like to keep it simple and easy but I'm open to anything. I'd rather not get into a turbo or blower, these are going on my other truck for the street and strip.

#5 ·
I realize I out weigh the stang by about 600 - 800 lbs but I can't let this go.
More like 1,500 lbs...

The stangs come in at under 3,500 lbs. The 3rd gen 1500 quad cabs are more like 5k+

If it is one of the newer gen (05+) there 4.0L V6 puts out 210 HP compared to the Dodge 4.7L V8 giving 235. So beating one there isn't likely.

If it is the mid 90's to early 2000's then they are only putting out 145-150 for base models and you should be doing fine.

The programmer is your best bet for improving. Around $300. Usually around 20hp max increase. Lot of other benefits though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.