DODGE RAM FORUM banner

supercharge a 4.7L 08 ram?

20K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  AIR RAM 
G
#1 ·
hello out there i was wandering if anyone has tried to supercharge a 08 ram with the 4.7L V8? if so i was wandering where to get the kit and how hard it iis to install? i already have the k&n intake and custom exhaust the supercharger would finish it off. i just need to find one if there's one out there. so please i am looking for input here if you know where i can get one let me know.

G
#3 ·
the only supercharger i know of is a kenne bell, but they discontinued it and i dont think they are going to make another one to replace it. i hope they do soon cause the wife is getting a little uneasy about all the stuff i am trying to do to the truck. the sooner its finished the better.

#5 ·
Only thing I have seem is an STS turbo kit for the 4.7 but it only gives an additional 100 hp. I spoke with the guy at STS about running a TT setup but he didnt advise it unless i rebuild the top end to handle it. STS recommends running no more than 5# boost but with the TT or a bigger turbo u can run higher #'s. Now we just need an aftermarket intake manifold to handle it.

#6 ·

This is our project engine above... your looking at a 2006 4.7L with a 2003-2004 COBRA M112 Supercharger mounted to it...

Or if you want to run a TURBO and would like something more PERFORMANCE orientated then your plastic factory intake...

This is a SULLIVAN intake with 4.7L adapter plates... allowing us to mount a single plane intake manifold to the 4.7L engine... This thing is begging to be BLOWN by a TURBO!

There is 4.7L support out there... Trust me, I know!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.