DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2009 Ram Intakes

3K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  RamDrvr1500 
#1 ·
First Post!

I have a 2009 Ram SLT 4.7L Flex. I am looking for an intake for it, but I'm having trouble as most vendors only list 2008 parts.

I'd like a AirAid tube and filter (AirAid JR) or K&N Filter and AirAid tube. I'm not ready to drop $400 on an intake yet considering she's still brand new.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

#16 ·
I am going to call our local rental offices tomorrow and see if they have any new Rams with the 4.7L motor. I am pretty sure that it will fit, based on what I have "seen". Wish I had someone close out here that had one that would let me unbolt a few things. LOL

#24 ·
My Intake is done!

So I found an intake for my 3rd Gen 09 Ram 1500 4.7L. I got it from Spectre. Bought it brand new for $100 (including shipping). The install went great, only took about 45 minutes in the blazing SC sun.

There is no need for IAT Extension Harness, do not waste your money on one of these.

Anyway, the truck sounds awesome, especially when I lay into it, and there is definately more low end torque. I'm looking forward to seeing if there are any mpg improvements, if I can just stay off of the throttle.

Attachments

#25 ·
Still liking the Spectre intake? I've had my truck for a week now but I swear the mod bug bit before I even made the purchase. Definitely looking for the usual for my '09 4.7. I'll have to check out the intake. Looks sweet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.