DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Recon Headlights Installed with 8000K Projectors and Highs!!

16K views 57 replies 22 participants last post by  FastOrange 
#1 · (Edited)
FINALLY, had to to install my Recon headlights.

Ordered HIDS for the projectors and the high beams from DDM Tuning. Awesome products once again. Lights are awesome.

Install, well just say doing it in two hours is not a chance. The projector housing needed a touch of drilling to get the HID bulb in it. Also the bulb needed a touch or drilling.

Other than that it was all plug and play!
I can't be any happier.

What do you guys think??

Also, my catch can will be going on tonight. And emblem should be back on by then
Catch Can Thread:
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?p=593150#post593150

New Custom Sub Enclosure Thread:
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?p=593148#post593148

Before:

Recons!!

Sock housing:

Modded Housing

Stock Bulb:

Modded Bulb:

My remote to turn on the LEDS and Halos!

See less See more
#6 ·
dude they look sick... how was the install?

my only criticism is you need to get rid of that amber!!

#7 ·
The amber does need to go I know. In daylight its barely noticeable its when the lights are on at night it pisses me off.

But the install, lets just say if you dont have balls to start drilling and modding a new set of 500$ headlights... don't attempt this.

The lights come with stock projector bulbs (lows) but I ordered a set of HIDs for it. Lets just say the bulbs are a bit bigger than the stock ones.

So after a little sitting down and fiddling around shes good now. Had to ream out the metal tab in the projector, mod the bulb frame. Just say I took my time
Lets just see how long these HIDs last ha Shouldn't be a problem though. They didnt shake/flicker the whole ride out tonight so I think im safe.

But over all the install was good just that minor issue and LOTS of damn wiring you need to find space fore with double ballasts and error codes on each side.

#8 ·
thoes are badass bud they look awesome and im glad you FINALLY got them :) reps for a sweet truck!!!

#10 ·
+1 to that

already planning on the next one lol...

still love my truck anyway :D

#15 ·
Friggen awesome dude, trucks looking sweet. I just ordered the same headlights tonight. I was thinking about the HID kit as well but now I'm definitely hesitant. How do you think the install would've went without the HID's and just swapping the headlights?

#22 ·
hey bordin, i have the same headlights, except mine are the clear. i am having the issue with my low beam being a dull halogen light, and it doesnt match the brighter lights i have in the high beams and my fog lights. how do you change them so that i can get brighter lights in the low beams?

#24 ·
I have the PIAA's in my lows right now, they are good but IMO not bright enough. I have a set of HID's (Thanks Bordin!) on order for lows and fogs to replace the PIAA's. I'll head out tonight and see if my blackberry playbook will record decent enough to see the PIAA's output. They are a huge improvement over stock but I don't think you'd be happy with them.

#25 ·
Awesome Ram

I just ordered and got my recon tail lights but im having issues installing them. Were your just plug and play for the harness? My recon lights only have the top harness and no bottom harness plus it doesnt fit lol. Did you have to cut and splice the wires together? also where do the reverse bulbs go that they sent me? Im so lost lol I feel stupid!

#27 ·
You may have to pull the harness out of your OEM tail light, and that is where the bulb is seated. I believe it it screw locks into the back of the housing

#30 ·
To be honest I didn't even run the normal bulbs, the day I installed the lights is the day I installed the HIDS.

But just say the HIDS... I got flashed so many times last night I can't even count. But I can see anything and thats all that matters to me!

#31 ·
Thanks Bordin for getting back to me, I figured it out today :LOL: Simple mistake, I assumed you had to remove the light from the harness and attach the recon light to the OEM harness LOL. Anyways they look sick and my rims came today! Now I am waiting on my Nitto's :SHOCKED:

BTW Bordin you must have ears like a rock star because those woofers are so close to you and loud as hell lol, Type R is pretty sick, I used to have Type S and Type X in my old car and they rocked! Love the ram bro.

#42 ·
My TPMS light comes on for about 3 seconds than shuts right off.

Sucks to hear about your issue though. I don't have any issues flickering to be honest, even when driving (bumps/corners/crap) nothing.

At first my passenger side flickered on start up, but I ripped it apart and i forgot to crimp (squeeze) the projector connectors nice and tight. Shoved her all back in and it worked good, still have been.

All I can really tell you is rip it apart take the bulbs out and just do a test without the headlights. Hook it all up like you would if everyhting was together and just lay the bulbs on a towel or blanket not to ruin them.

Start the truck up, flip from highs to lows vice versa. have someone keep an eye for you. Or even against a wall so you can see whats going on yourself.

Other than that man I have no idea what to tell you?? This is my first real big install on HIDs and I did a lot of research. I would say swap ballasts just to see. But if your saying both sides are doing it I would say check connections is the first step..

#43 · (Edited)
I didn't realize the extent the install for these lights was gonna be. We have them on back-order right now.
I put the tail and 3rd brake lights on today with help from some members here. They look really sharp and after looking at your truck Bordin, I know the headlights will look insane!
I'll be referencing this thread when ours come in.
Great thread with some great info!
:smileup:

#49 ·
I ordered mine from AAC and they said that everything would be included for it to work after I told them what year the truck was. After I found out that they didn't work I went to Intense HID and got a pair of in-line relays that are plug-n-play out the the ballast. We'll see if it works once I get them in. Should be by the weekend since they can't send them until Tuesday because of labor day. Just sucks that I can't drive at night right now. My fogs are bright enough, but I don't think that the cops would appreciate that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.