DODGE RAM FORUM banner

It begins tonight!

5K views 38 replies 17 participants last post by  TerrysRam 
#1 · (Edited)
It begins tonight! (now with installed pictures!)

Well the UPS fairy just dropped these off at work! As soon as I get off it will be time to make snow white glow blue! I will have plently of pics as well, I jsut got too excited and had to post about new parts :)

Here was a little mini photo shoot I went and just did. My HIDs should be here anyday now, I think that will really wrap everything together. Once I figure out the rest of interior lights that needs LEDs to be blue (the knobs and such) I will be ordering new LEDs for that and also blue LEDs for the front turn signals.

Let me know what you think!

DSC_0147 by SS4Luck, on Flickr

DSC_0141 by SS4Luck, on Flickr

DSC_0139 by SS4Luck, on Flickr

DSC_0136 by SS4Luck, on Flickr

DSC_0155 by SS4Luck, on Flickr

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice! Cant wait to see the pics. I just ordered my lights from SuperBrightLED's today.. cant wait!

#5 ·
Pictures in 1st post. I wish I would have spent a little extra and bought CMD bulbs for all the bulbs instead of just the tail lights and the license plate lights. I may re order and get CMDs for the interior stuff as well. I cant decide yet

#8 ·
Thanks!

Looks awesome, where did you order, would like to do all red for my interior lights!
I got mine from superbrightleds.com. If you don't know which bulbs you need they have a vehicle breakdown where it tells you exactly what you need all you gotta do is pick color an quantity. They are middle of the road on price but I have LEDs in my camaro I bought from them in like 06 that are still goin strong and I've never had an issue with. I highly recommend them to everyone

#11 ·
Ya, like you can accuse anyone of giving YOU ideas for mods :gy::gy:

Im going to PM you in a little, pick you brain about your grill lights

Cajun, they are a lot brighter than I anticipated. The interior lights arent even CMDs either! I can only imagine what it would be like with those :Wow1:

My HIDs came in today, but the Woodward Dream Cruise starts tonight so they wont get put in till tomorrow. Ill start another thread about those once theyre in

#10 ·
Wow, that is bright! Those look awesome, nice job! :smileup:

- Cajun

#13 ·
yeah man I really like that look, like something you would see at a truck show :p

I too would def consider doing this mod in red! alright have red floor lighting and a red lighted head unit...doing the guage cluster/dash soon...the map/dome lights would be a nice interior addition :D wish I could switch em b/w white and red lol but thanks for the great ideas! now I have a though decision to make b/w white and red tho...already had the whites in my cart haha

#17 ·
#19 ·
really like the interior lights. i just did mine in bright white leds and after a week or two I think they're too dang bright lol... the blue might just be the solution :smileup:

#20 ·
Alrite I just thought I would add this in here because of the # of PMs Ive been getting. This is a list of LED bulbs and locations that i purchased. I will be glad to assist anyone if they have any more questions or need help, but this should cover most of it. If a MOD wants to make a little lighting sticky for "plug and play" bulbs feel free to take this
The first set of numbers is the bulb type, the letter is color, and the last number is the # of LEDs per bulb.
I.E

921-B12
921 <--Bulb type B<--blue 12<-- 12 LEDs per bulb (map lights etc)

921-R12
921<-- Bulb type R<-- Red 12<-- 12 LEDs per bulb (3rd brake light)

6 921-B12 (2 for reverse, 2 for cargo, and 2 for map)
1 921-R12 for the top mount break light
1 4410-B9 for the dome light
2 WLED-CWHP15-TAC license plate lights
2 3157-R45-T tail lights

Most LED companys that I have seen label their bulbs this way.

I hope this helps people!

#22 ·
Alrite I just thought I would add this in here because of the # of PMs Ive been getting. This is a list of LED bulbs and locations that i purchased. I will be glad to assist anyone if they have any more questions or need help, but this should cover most of it. If a MOD wants to make a little lighting sticky for "plug and play" bulbs feel free to take this
The first set of numbers is the bulb type, the letter is color, and the last number is the # of LEDs per bulb.
I.E

921-B12
921 <--Bulb type B<--blue 12<-- 12 LEDs per bulb (map lights etc)

921-R12
921<-- Bulb type R<-- Red 12<-- 12 LEDs per bulb (3rd brake light)

6 921-B12 (2 for reverse, 2 for cargo, and 2 for map)
1 921-R12 for the top mount break light
1 4410-B9 for the dome light
2 WLED-CWHP15-TAC license plate lights
2 3157-R45-T tail lights

Most LED companys that I have seen label their bulbs this way.

I hope this helps people!
Incredible. Thank you.

#21 ·
Looks great....I was just about to PM you for you order but you already covered it...My order will be in tomorrow

#24 ·
SS4Luck? When you took these pics did you have your e brake on while in park? Trying to figure out how you got your reverse lights to stay on with no one in the truck.

#25 ·
Yup! lol I put it in R, turned the truck off, then set the ebrake. took my pics, put the truck in park, released the brake and then turned the truck on. Seemed like the easiest way to get the look i wanted hahahah

#27 ·
Well the UPS fairy just dropped these off at work! As soon as I get off it will be time to make snow white glow blue! I will have plently of pics as well, I jsut got too excited and had to post about new parts :)

Here was a little mini photo shoot I went and just did. My HIDs should be here anyday now, I think that will really wrap everything together. Once I figure out the rest of interior lights that needs LEDs to be blue (the knobs and such) I will be ordering new LEDs for that and also blue LEDs for the front turn signals.

Let me know what you think!

DSC_0147 by SS4Luck, on Flickr

DSC_0141 by SS4Luck, on Flickr

DSC_0139 by SS4Luck, on Flickr

DSC_0136 by SS4Luck, on Flickr

DSC_0155 by SS4Luck, on Flickr
Your truck is looks very nice! Can't help to notice the driver side has mods that the passenger side doesn't. Interesting!

#30 ·
You can do the interior for unler like $20 off of the website i got mine from. The expensive part of my order was my taillights ($50 for the pair yikes!) but i got everything else for 50 total and there are 2X the bulbs out the outside than the inside lol

#34 ·
Help! I just installed all the leds' from the list above and I'm getting an evic code for "tail light out" from the 3157 -R45-T bulbs. Was I suppose to order a code eliminator for these? The directionals are blinking real fast, front and back but I only installed the rear led tailights. Now what?

#35 ·
Yup i totally forgot to say i didnt get one and what would happen if you didnt :doh::doh::doh:

LEDs dont provide as much resistace as a stock bulb so the truck thinks its burnt out. Search RL-2525 or RL-650 on superbrightleds.com. Ive personally never cared about the dash lights and it must have slipped my mind. I know other people make these sort of things, i just dont know who or how they work lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.