DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Halo Lights

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  kewlguy53403 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about adding Halo lights to my truck. How hard would it be?

#2 ·
If you're buying some halo headlamp replacement not hard at all. It's about 10 size 10 bolts all together, some mild wiring for the halo's LED's and you're good to go :) Might want to consider HID's while you're at it if he Halo's are projectors.

G
#3 ·
Or if you are doing your stock headlights, you will bake them to separate the capsule halves, mount the halo ring (LED rings are more durable than the CCFL units), mount your capacitors, do the wiring, install a switch and find a 12V power source.

#5 ·
HID wise I can only speak to what I have done. I know there are other vendors and some might be sponsors of the site?

I have put ddm tuning HID's into this truck and my previous truck with no problems. The headlights are plug & play though you need to take 3 things into account when you plan it out. 1) check the headlight type/size on the NEW projector housing, it could me different (mine was, I found out when I went to install, OOPS) and 2) GET the cancelers/error code eliminators, this will stop your truck from flickering the lights, some people have this problem, I'm not sure if I would but I got em just in case. 3) DO NOT get the slim ballast, our RAMs don't like them, they tend to cause issues.

I also did my fogs. For whatever reason the lights came w/o a plug but instead had metal connectors. I had to wire the bulbs to some extra plugs that came with my headlights, simple live/ground connections, put a butt on there and heat it and it's plug n play. Maybe there was an option I missed when I ordered.

Here is some more info on what I did w/ pics:
http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=90997

#7 ·
Oh yes, much brighter. Have you seen some very bright or white lights on the newer Cadillac & Acura models? That's an HID light.

#9 ·
This is what the Spyder's look like on an overcast day:

#12 ·
I don't know for sure as I have a 2011. If they are anything like what mine were each halo and LED will have 1 hot and 1 ground wire that needs to go somewhere. I put mine to the parking lights. If you have done any electrical whatsoever you can do this. If not find someone that has it's about as simple as electrical work can get. Or even see if there is a free home depot class or something if you have not. It a matter of cutting your existing wires, testing which is the parking and which is the headlight, butting/combining all the led's / halos into a single hot/ground then wire the Halos & LEDs into the parking hot & ground. The headlights are most likely plug & play but I don't know for sure on the gen 3's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.