DODGE RAM FORUM banner

RBZ/RHB mygig radio software update 50.00.07

72K views 169 replies 82 participants last post by  Ramzaq 
#1 ·
#60 ·
I tried this on Saturday night. Had a real scare because it asked me to update HDD but then just sat there for 20 minutes at 0% updated. The disk would not eject or any buttons work. Of course I started to panic, went inside and checked the forum again. Took the advice on messing with the climate control while trying to eject and nothing worked. Powered down and went inside to sulk and figure out my next move. About an hour later I decided to go outside and check again, started the truck up and the radio came on and disk ejected. No damage done.

Not sure where/how I went wrong, but I wont be trying this again.

#62 ·
Just wanted to add my success. 2011 Ram 1500 Sport Crew, 430 RBZ (non nav) w/ lockpick newest model. Version started at 33.01.23 and went to the new 50.00.07 with no problems. Even left the lockpick hooked up. One feature I am not sure about now is the "Camera Delay" that is now in system setup.

#63 ·
2011 RBZ w/ Version 22.02.01 software.

I ran the ver 33.01.23 update. When I loaded the disc it asked if I wanted to update from ver 20.02.01 to 33.01.23. I picked yes. it went thru two processes (see pics) then the screen went blank. I waited about 10 minutes to see if it was going to do anything....nothing. I tried turning it on, eject the disc,... nothing, it was dead!

I removed the radio fuse under the hood for a few seconds, put it back in and turned the key on and the radio was alive again. It did update the software (see attached pics). It never asked me to "Update baseline data files on HDD" per the install instructions. Not sure if that needs to be installed and how to do it?

I plan on installing Ver 50 so I can have the black screen. I will post when I decide to do it. I have Lockpick 5 installed and I did not remove it for this software update.

Before:

Process 1

Process 2:

After:

#92 ·
I was able to perform both updates without pulling any fuses. Updated to the 33 then the 50 from version 20.02.01 with an RBZ radio.

2011 RBZ w/ Version 22.02.01 software.

I ran the ver 33.01.23 update. When I loaded the disc it asked if I wanted to update from ver 20.02.01 to 33.01.23. I picked yes. it went thru two processes (see pics) then the screen went blank. I waited about 10 minutes to see if it was going to do anything....nothing. I tried turning it on, eject the disc,... nothing, it was dead!

I removed the radio fuse under the hood for a few seconds, put it back in and turned the key on and the radio was alive again. It did update the software (see attached pics). It never asked me to "Update baseline data files on HDD" per the install instructions. Not sure if that needs to be installed and how to do it?

I plan on installing Ver 50 so I can have the black screen. I will post when I decide to do it. I have Lockpick 5 installed and I did not remove it for this software update.

Before:

Process 1

Process 2:

After:

#64 ·
Well I decided to update to Ver 50 in my RBZ. This time it asked to update the baseline data files on the HDD, I told it yes. Then it asked to update from ver 33 to ver 50, I picked yes. It ran thru it's processes like when I updated to ver 33 and it went dead again just like in ver 33...... I pulled the fuse again and the radio is back working again and YES it has a black background!! See pics..:smileup: I did not disconnect my Lockpick 5 fot this update.

Recap: I took an RPZ radio from a 2011 Ram 2500 & replaced my factory 130S RES with it. Updated from 20.02.01 to 33.01.23..... then updated from 33.01.23 to 50.00.07

#69 ·
If the camera delay works like it does in the 13's the reverse camera will stay on an additional 5 seconds when you shift it into drive.

#74 ·
whats up fellas...
need help.

I have a 2011 Rams sport with RHB 430 that has the 23.04.41 application.

Can I update straight to the 50.xx.xx version spoken of here?

If so, I am kinda lazy and wonder if anyone can sell me their update disc (that worked successfully)?

Or let me borrow it (for a fee) and ill return it once im done?

#76 ·
whats up fellas...
need help.

I have a 2011 Rams sport with RHB 430 that has the 23.04.41 application.

Can I update straight to the 50.xx.xx version spoken of here?

If so, I am kinda lazy and wonder if anyone can sell me their update disc (that worked successfully)?

Or let me borrow it (for a fee) and ill return it once im done?
I have 2011 RHB that was on the same version as yours (23.04.41)
I did the update to version 33 first and then the update to 50.
Its always best to do those things incrementaly imo.

It only took a few minutes and its like having a new stereo! totally worth it. :smiley_thumbs_up:

Sorry for the blurry pic, I took it in a dark garage.

#79 ·
you can't just copy the ISO to the CD, you have to use a disc image burner to burn it to it. Also you can't use a DVD, it has to be a CD. I have not done the 50 update yet, but I remember doing the 33 update last year I fought with it and finally figured out it was because I was using a DVD.

#82 ·
I tossed them after I id the update, they are kinda useless to me after that.
I could fish them out of the trash can and send them to you but I dont know how you could tell which disk is which update.
I didnt number them or anything... just burned the first one, flashed the stereo and chucked it.
So there are 2 identical disks that I would be afraid you might do out of order.

#83 ·
Okay, add me to the “I think I’m screwed” group: started at vers 23.04.41 (RBZ) , so I burned an iso for 33-01-23 and a separate disc for 50.00.07. Grabbed TSB instructions and discs and headed out to the garage. Turned ign on, loaded the 33 disc, asked if I wanted to “Update baseline data files on HDD?” I hit YES and sat for about 15 mins, then it asked if I wanted to “Update Radio Software”, and I again hit YES. This time it got to about 20% module progress then popped up with a red disc error message and prompted me to check my disc. I hit LOAD to eject as instructed, faceplate opened, disc came out – then it immediately ate it again and closed. Ever since then it has been stuck on the Status Update screen with no progress at all. No button presses (or combination thereof) have any effect. I have tried pulling the fuse – in fact it was out all afternoon. Tried the mojo with climate controls, etc. I did manage to get the disc out and reload it, even tried inserting the 50.00.07 disc but after platter spins up, nothing ever happens. Sometimes when turning the key off and on I’ll get the RAM splash screen but then it immediately goes back to status screen.

Background: 2012 Ram Express that came with RES but upgraded to gently used RBZ about a week after I got it. Have factory Uconnect and added Mopar backup camera (dealer flashed). Have not added any files to HDD and 23.04.41 was the original software version on the RBZ.

Anyone have any ideas or is this HU a very expensive door stop at this point?

#84 ·
so i want this black screen really bad so just to make sure doing gonna ask you the steps

so go to like
log on using soxs username, clicked on my gig software update, software gracenote update- rhr rhw rhp update 2011+ - then download rhr rhw rhpiso??

is this the correct update??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.