DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Smoked Tail Lights??

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Canadian Hemi Pride 
#1 ·
Hey guys Im new to the forumZ and would like some advice. I'm on a tight budget and was looking for a cheap way to tint/smoke my stock tail lights. I hear things from normal tinting to spraying them. They are the 2008 model tails with the "circles housing" so they are not flat. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
I did the VHT night shades for my 08. Wetsanded lightly, several coats of nightshade, allowed to dry, several coats of clear coat, let dry and then polished and waxed. Here are some pics to give you an idea and show how bright they are at night still.

This one is a filtered pic, but still gives a good idea.

#6 ·
I know Canadian Hemi Pride has the lower mounted signals as you can see in the picture to help out with the light but i also have mine tinted pretty dark and have yet to be hassled by the cops, so it really just depends on the cop. but you could always get a light bar like his to be safe if you still want to do it
Exactly what Kaman said. I got a 60" LEDglow lightbar from Bully's performance. Has running lights, brakes, turns and then white reverse. Having all led reverse lights, no one has an issue knowing im backing up. Cops drive behind me al the time, and I have yet to have an issue.
Kaman, your truck is looking real nice.

#5 ·
I know Canadian Hemi Pride has the lower mounted signals as you can see in the picture to help out with the light but i also have mine tinted pretty dark and have yet to be hassled by the cops, so it really just depends on the cop. but you could always get a light bar like his to be safe if you still want to do it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.