DODGE RAM FORUM banner

spintech duals matched with a mopar intake

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Dudemanbrother 
#1 ·
I have been researching some, and was thinking spintech 9k series true duals added to the genuine mopar CAI might be the best for what I am looking for. I am still a little a hazy on the x pipe, it sounds like that adds a little hp, but I don't have enough info to be solid about that yet. I truly enjoy the sound of dual exhaust but i want the performance to go with it. This would be my first performance based mod, I'm curious what everyone else thought.

#2 ·
A lot of people on here r goin with the Magnaflow exhaust system and volant intake system, but I'm not a fan of neither of them. I'm running true dual flowmaster 50 series exhaust with a K&N drop in filter. I love the sound and the throttle response I get out of it. But like I said that's just my opinion and everyone else's r different. I see it as whatever fits ur needs is what u should go for, we r on here for advice and opinions lol. Good luck to ur near future mods, hope u have a badass truck soon :)

#3 ·
I have the Mopar intake on my 06 and love the way it sounds. The metal tube gives a real nice sound when accelerating.

#4 ·
If you run duals without connecting both banks of cylinders, you will lose power. You will definitely want either an H or X pipe (X is slightly better) if you run duals. A good Y setup will perform about the same, I don't know about sound though. Sound is affected by so many things, but I personally like the Y pipe setups on the vehicles I'm around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.