DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Resonators at end of tail pipes?

Tags
exhaust
3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Jchaney579 
#1 ·
I have the stock dual exhaust and swapped the muffler for a flowmaster super 40....at each end of the pipes i see it looks like a resonator before the tip. Is that what it is? And would it be ok to take that off?

#5 ·
Cherry Bomb Extremes with resonator delete. You get a more raspy sound when taking them off. Not to bad but it was noticeably loud for sure. Still can't hear anything at all at 50+mph high way cruising speeds. They are just there to cut out the crappy 4 banger sound MDS produces. But I turn that off anyways every time I step in the truck. If you like it keep it! If you want a little bit loud sound take them off :p Truck went from loud to sounding like the gates of hell were opening under throttle when I took them off. I ran for about a month with the Cherry Bomb extremes and the resonators before I took them off so I had a pretty good comparison of before and after.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.