DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Best exhaust for my 95 5.9

16K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Dodge Boy13 
#1 ·
hey guys i was wondering if any1 here would have some tips on what exhaust i should get on my 95 1500 with the 5.9????? I want a nice loud sound too it. whats the best sounding u guys have bought??? im also gonna dump it b4 my rear axle. please let me know. thanks packs or what?????

#2 ·
I have a flowmaster super 44 and i like it, not super loud but it is loud, in my opinion ive always liked flowmaster, you could go for the super 40 which would be louder, or go for the 10 serious which would be even louder!

#4 ·
I have the Super 40 on my 1999 quad cab 5.9 dumped be for the rear axle, I hate it! The echo inside the cab with the windows up to 40 mph is horrible....I dumped it because of cost it was cheaper!

#5 ·
What do you want to run duels or single? I have Gibson Ceramic Shortie Headers into a Magnaflow y-pipe to a Magnaflow Highflow cat 2 1/2 out to a Magnaflow muffler dumped before the axle. Love it load but not obnoxious, you can hear me coming has that low rumble :SHOCKED:

#6 ·
i had my 96 done in a custom exhaust shop. True duals with mandrel bent stainless from the factor manifolds. 2 magnaflow hi flow cats and two magnaflow mufflers. all completely stainless and warrantied for 10 years. i came out under the roll pan with camaro style tips. looked and sounded awesome.

#8 ·
If ya don't mind me asking, what would the type of work you had done cost? I am looking at eBay for a Flowmaster system at 210 bucks shipped, but, often these are now as advertised, so I figured on going to a local muffler place and having everything installed.

i had my 96 done in a custom exhaust shop. True duals with mandrel bent stainless from the factor manifolds. 2 magnaflow hi flow cats and two magnaflow mufflers. all completely stainless and warrantied for 10 years. i came out under the roll pan with camaro style tips. looked and sounded awesome.

#10 ·
those kits are "universal kits" you have to remove the spare tire and you cant have a hitch..i was looking into them i went with the summit catback duals its not as loud as i want it but it will be soon only ran me 300 bucks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.