DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Circle Dodge Brick, NJ

3K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  tjcin 
#1 ·
So far these guys have been great. Fair price for my new truck, fair price on my trade in. I am going to put them to the test though. I was polishing the chrome wheels and noticed the left front has 2 pretty good scratches in it. I have a call in to them now and I'll let you know how I make out.

#5 ·
May want to check , if they replace the wheel , after warranty has reimbursed them for the wheel , and before they discard of it , could they contact you and release the wheel to you for a matching spare wheel . Not sure they''ll do it . I use to work for a dealership and they wouldn't do it , but it's a swing in the dark . That would be cool if they would .

#7 ·
FYI, I went today to pick up my license plates and to have a manager look at my wheel. The plates cost $481.00, thanks NJ. And I got the feeling of an impending "runaround" regarding the wheel. My sales guy wasn't there, so the sales manager came out and looked at my wheel. He agreed it was scratched and asked me to bring the truck back to let the service manager look at it. I explained that I live an hour away and the next time I bring the truck it will be to have the wheel fixed, not just looked at. If they had told me to only bring the truck in when the SM was there, I would've waited to pick up the tags. Anyway, the sales manager said to call Monday and they will let me know what they will do. The warm and fuzzy feeling is slowly beginning to fade, but I will remain optimistic and post here again Monday.

#8 ·
Let the official runaround begin. The guy who looked at the wheel Saturday apparently has no clout. My salesman asked today if I would bring the truck back for the service manager to see it. There is another afternoon blown. An hour there and an hour back. And then again when they replace it. You know(I'm just blowing off steam here), I bought a used CPO BMW and had a problem with the fuel guage. We dropped it off to be fixed and were given a near new 325 to drive. When my car was done, they brought my car to my house and picked up the loaner. I paid less for my new Ram than my used BMW. Oh well, so much for my rant. For some reason, the idea of customer service=repeat customers doesn't register. So long for now, I'll keep posting until the issue is resolved.

#9 ·
I called Circle Dodge Saturday to make sure all the pertinent people would be there to look at the wheel. My sales guy put me on hold while he spoke with the owner. He got back on the phone and said don't bother coming back in and they would order me a new wheel on Monday. My sales guy followed up with a courtesy phone call today (10/12) to inform me they ordered the wheel and they will call when it's in. Although it's not on my truck yet, I am breathing a sigh of relief, I really didn't want to get in a big hassle with them. I'll let you know when it's rolling down the highway.

#12 ·
The wife picked it up today. They wanted me to bring the truck there so they could change it. I requested that they just give the wheel to me so I can have my tire guy put it on. It will not be free with my guy, but the peace of mind I will have is worth it. The wheel looks great except for the "Made in China" sticker. That was an unexpected suprise. Oh well, global economy strikes again.

#14 ·
They do want me to bring the old one back in the box from the new one. They say they have to send it back. When I bring it back I will try to make a deal for it then. I can't imagine they have to send it back, but I don't know. Tim C

#15 ·
Thanks to Crescent Tire in Hammonton, the new wheel is rolling. It has been since 9/27/09, but it is all taken care of. I believe that had it not been for the salesman I had, it would have turned into an "issue." Thanks to Gene at Circle Dodge.

#16 ·
Delivered the wheel to them today. Had a pleasant conversation with my sales guy. With the reputation car dealers have earned today, and they deserve it, it's nice when you finally do come across a gentleman. If any of you fellow enthusiasts are in the South Jersey area, and are looking for a truck, PM me and I'll give you all the details of my "great" dealership experience.

#17 ·
That's good news! I used to drive Toyotas but got tired of getting bent over, my Dodge dealer has been great. They are also a Mercedes Benz dealer, so that might be a plus.

#19 ·
They wanted the wheel back and that's OK. I did learn one thing during this process. I contacted a company that repairs wheels. They told me that the wheel I had was a chromed plastic insert, epoxied to an aluminum wheel. Sure enough, when I looked at my wheel very closely, it was easy to see that they were right. The wheels look great, but it really is a very cheap design. They told me that if the aluminum wheel itself gets damaged, that can be fixed. But if the chromed plastic piece gets damaged, the wheel is trash. Just an FYI

#20 ·
Ah, you have what they call a chrome clad wheel. I agree, they seem cheap. Be careful when you have the tires balanced (if you dont use the dealer) because these wheels require different cones for the balancer to prevent damage and properly center the wheel on the spindle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.