DODGE RAM FORUM banner

bodylift question?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Wandell 
#1 ·
I really wanna throw a 2 inchbody lift on my truck.... I have only one worry is it gonna look goofy with only 33's? Here is a pic of it now it maybe already leveled? Not sure.....

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm wondering why you want to do it, if you aren't putting bigger tires on? Fitting bigger tires or making room to increase ground clearance by raising the transfer case is the only reason I can think of why anyone would ever consider a BL? Can always spot a BL from across a parking lot and they never look "good" but if functional - that is used to fit tires or raise skid plates - they at least look like they make some sense. A BL just to do one though? To each his own, but to me, yeah it would look pretty goofy.

- DAA

#7 ·
Things like this are what gives body lifts a bad name. Please don't endanger yourself and others by jerry rigging your truck.

#5 ·
I wouldn't ever do hockey pucks, period. They are not designed to handle the torsional forces that will be out on them as body lifting mounts, after all, they are hockey pucks! But, if I really got it into my head that I had to run them, I would only run one layer. Really, by the time you buy all the longer (properly graded) bolts to do the body lift, you'd likely be at about the same price just to buy an actual kit instead of going with pucks. Also, don't forget, you will have make brackets to raise your front and rear bumpers (those are usually included in an actual body lift kit), so you don't have ugly gaps between them and your body!

Looks wise- In my opinion, body lifts NEVER look good! I had one truck where a drivetrain swap would have necessitated a body lift to fit easily, I chopped out the entire tranny and t-case hump and had one custom done, just so that I could avoid running a body lift.

I think your truck looks GREAT as is! (I love regular cab shortbed trucks anyway!) The tires on it right now give a nice beefier than stock look to it! If I were you, and wanting to go 35s, I'd go with a small lift in the front, like maybe a torsion bar key leveling kit or something, and either add-a-leafs or some 1" zero rates out back, just to boost it up a little. (like to 2" you want from the body lift) That will add some more ground clearance under the frame, and you won't get the unsightly gaps that body lifts have! That's a dang sharp looking truck you've got their!!!!

#6 ·
yeah I'd so fore-go the hockey puck body lift idea. level it out and maybe some spacers for the rear. you'll get the same results, but with proper gear. you don't have torsion keys so you just need a spacer like from hell bent steel or you can run bilstein adjustable struts to level it out. then raise the back up. (assuming your 4wd)..but not sure. 2wd is a different story which your reg cab truck very well may be 2wd. i think all you can get is the polyurethane spacers

Body lifts are also a pain to install and without all the proper parts that you'd get with a full real kit, you'll regret it. fuel neck extensions and things like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.