DODGE RAM FORUM banner

scottishtornado build (pic heavy)

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  scottishtornado 
#1 ·
I bought my truck in May 2012. Its a 2012 1500 laramie.

Over the course of the last 14 months I have been slowly doing some mods as time and cash allowed. I started off with the retractable tonneu cover and bed armored.

I then upgraded the shocks with bilstein adjustable fronts set to 1 off max height and fixed rears and threw on some new Toyo A/T's

I then mounted a brush guard and a vision x extreme light bar on front and rigid industries flush mounted lights in my rear bumper.

Next I upgraded my sound system with these.

This 10 inch sub sits in a custom fiberglass box.

I ordered a magnaflow catback system with Y pipe and mandrel bends and will be installed 8/1/13

Heres how the truck looks today.

Other stuff done:
Airbox pipe mod, front window and brow tint 35% per state law, stubby antenna, weathertech floor matts and Led exterior bulbs.

Will post some pics and video when exhaust is done.

See less See more
#9 ·
Sweet truck, I like the lights you put on the back bumper. Never seen that before. Where'd you get them from? And whats the deal with the short antenna? I want!

G
#13 ·
Very Nice Truck!
How does your Antenna work. I got a stubby from Craven speed also. and it does not work well at all. I listen to the news (AM) on my commute to work and the reception is awful. I had to take it off. I noticed when I took it off the reception was the same with just the antenna adapter as it was with the antenna so I was wondering if I just got a bad antenna.

#15 ·
upgraded my sound system. Old system had Focal iss 165 speakers, x700/5 kenwood amp, audio control Lc7 output converter and JL w3v3 sub in a custom box all powered by factory head unit (730n).
Took all that stuff out and put into my charger (had factory speakers and did a head unit upgrade while I was at it) except the head unit and sub+box and installed focal ps 165f speakers, JL audio xd700/5 amp and a JBL ms8 processor also dynamatted the crap out of the truck but still to do the floor. This system now sings and I can set 5 custom EQ's since the compressed sound from sirius sounds crap. Thinking of upgrading my head unit to a Kenwood DNN770HD since I have navigation and back up camera and dont want to loose those features.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.