DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Anyone's 2014 arrive yet?

16K views 118 replies 31 participants last post by  crabjoe 
#1 ·
Some dealers have received the first '14's. The flood gates are open now.

Post when you receive yours and your thoughts about it.

#45 ·
Just ordered mine today.
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman:Bright White color
3.6L V6
Comfort Group
Premium Cloth Bucket Seats
Luxury Group
Remote Start and Security Group
4 Corner Air Suspension
Spray in Bedliner
Ramboxes
Rear Window Defroster
9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer
Rear Back Up Camera
Dealer told me 8-10 weeks for delivery.:smiley_thumbs_up:

#63 ·
Just sat down with the dealer today. $25000 taxes and fees out the door.:wow:

#48 ·
Im four weeks in today on my 14 sport order and its still in D1 status or ready for scheduling. Id say 8-10 weeks at least.

#49 ·
I mentioned this on another thread but my truck appears to be taking a full 9 weeks from date of order submittal to be built, shipped and arrive. The time after the truck is actually built plus the shipping (RR) and truck delivery is very lengthy.

#50 ·
All please keep in mind most of you guys ordered before they started building MY2014 trucks. I did the same when I ordered my 2013 Limited on 5/10 and was told they wouldn't start building the trim until first week of June. All in all my order took 11 weeks, but only 7 after the scheduled start of the Limited package builds.

#51 · (Edited)
CJGERSON, respectfully, you are incorrect. Ram does not permit 'early' ordering until they are dam good and ready to accept them. Orders are accepted before production begins so that they have trucks to build when production actually initiates. 'Sold' units receive priority and are scheduled for assembly first.

That 'order gate opening' occurred around the third week of June as I recall. I remember my dealer attempting to submit my order the second week of June and the Ram computer order site would not permit the order to be submitted. The dealer computer rejected any earlier orders until Ram opened the order gate which allows the order to be sent by dealer, received by Ram, confirmation given, VON designation provided. It then goes into the production schedule waiting for its build date to occur.

The actual build process took only 4 days for my truck. The wait time before production occurred, after the build occurred and the transportation are what causes the frustrating delays and waiting time.

I can only speak for my own experience in ordering and it is taking 9 weeks from acceptance of order to get my heap.

#52 ·
CJGERSON, respectfully, you are incorrect. Ram does not permit 'early' ordering until they are dam good and ready to accept them. That 'gate opening' occurred around the third week of June as I recall. The dealer computer rejected any orders until Ram opened the order gate which allows the order to be received, certified and accepted. It then goes into the assembly que waiting for production.
I can only speak for my own experience in ordering and it is taking 9 weeks from acceptance of order to get my heap.
I suspect that, completely by accident, I hit that gate opening square...I ordered it 6/28, and the sales mgr indicated they already "accepted" the order before i left the dealership...having said that, I realize there are several early steps that insure the order is correct and buildable, that most of us are unaware of and probably dont understand...

Based on info from yesterday and this AM, if it arrives today...even allowing for shipping time, it took 54 days...6/28 to today....which i think is astounding...if i didnt have all those s/a issues with CS, I dont think I wouldve cared...but who knew??? thanks again to the kind souls who helped out with additional info in here....Ill let you know later what happens...and mebbe i can snap some pics even at the dealership....

#53 · (Edited)
Yank: Our orders were accepted within days of each other. You are apparently getting slightly earlier delivery time than I am. Maybe because the muffler bearings in my truck were installed with wrong part number. The truck had to be corrected by an A class mechanic brought in from the Ford plant across town. Time was lost. My vehicle is still somewhere on the RR tracks of America quietly sleeping.
Let us know how delivery goes for you and please provide a photo if possible. BOL

Correct Hemi muffler bearings installed as per Ram assembly manager:

#54 ·
Yank: Our orders were accepted within days of each other. You are apparently getting slightly earlier delivery time than I am. Maybe because the muffler bearings in my truck were installed incorrectly and the truck had to be corrected by an A class mechanic brought in from the Ford plant across town. Time was lost. My vehicle is still somewhere on the RR tracks of America quietly sleeping.
Let us know how delivery goes for you and please provide a photo if possible. BOL
Being superstitious, i probably shouldnt have started my chikin counting prior to hatchin time....and besides, it wasnt muffler bearings at all..I have it on good authority they had to adjust the frame with the door wideners....gl2u

#59 ·
Well the good news is my truck is at the dealer, the bad news is the axle ratio is a 3.21 when I ordered a 3.55. They can't change the axle out due to warranty issues. They're telling me there are no 3.55 Limited 2014s. Does anyone here have a 2014 that has a 3.55 axle? And if so, what trim level is it and is it 4x2/4x4, standard cab, ramboxes... thanks I'm just tryin to pull some facts together.

#60 ·
Well the good news is my truck is at the dealer, the bad news is the axle ratio is a 3.21 when I ordered a 3.55. They can't change the axle out due to warranty issues. They're telling me there are no 3.55 Limited 2014s. Does anyone here have a 2014 that has a 3.55 axle? And if so, what trim level is it and is it 4x2/4x4, standard cab, ramboxes... thanks I'm just tryin to pull some facts together.
I wanted the 3.55s... when I went to order the dealer told me they were not available in 2014 (Laramie Crew 4x4). Standard is 3.21s. Only other option is 3.92s.

Only way I'd take a truck home with 3.21s is if I never pulled anything. The tow rating is ridiculously low on the 3.21s... something like 6700 lbs. The 3.92s take (me) to 10,100 lbs. Really stupid that they don't have something in between. Sometimes it makes you wonder.

#66 ·
Getting the Crewcab 4x4 shortbed, got good price for my trade in. Listed for 48000(Canada)and change. After all the dickering thats what I got it for.
Now lets see if they offer me a good price for the extended warranty.:LOL:

#70 · (Edited)
Don't despair about the rear. With that new 8 speed, you may find you like the advantages of the 3.21 rear. Besides, the difference in real world terms between a 3.21 and a 3.55 are very, very small. Perhaps that is why Ram stopped sourcing the 3.55 as it was in many ways simply redundant to the 3.21.

Great looking ride!~

#71 ·
Thanks for the vote of confidence Skytop. I spoke to my uncle about it yesterday (who owns the dealership) and he said much the same thing. I should be getting it as soon as the rebates kick in. Unfortunately it's seven hours away so I have not seen it in person, but here are some pics.

One thing, and it's little but makes me very happy, is apparently RAM has painted the FR/RR parking sensors the color of the bumper for 2014. The black dots would have really annoyed me.

Attachments

#80 ·
Said goodbye to the '13, picked up the '14 last night.

All I can say is, 3.21 vs 3.92, night and day difference in the was the truck drives.

And after driving home to work and back three times (once last night and twice today), I've found I'm so far getting better mileage with the 3.92's.

#81 ·
Said goodbye to the '13, picked up the '14 last night.

All I can say is, 3.21 vs 3.92, night and day difference in the was the truck drives.

And after driving home to work and back three times (once last night and twice today), I've found I'm so far getting better mileage with the 3.92's.

.................:worthless:

#93 ·
Let me help you clarify a few things. First Chrysler isnt going to compensate you for anything. They will offer to take your truck back and give you a new truck with the exact same options PERIOD! You will be told to pick out the truck you want and if has more optioms than yours you will be asked to pay the difference. You will also HAVE TO pay the difference in sales tax. You may also be asked to pay mileage from the time you bought the truck until the time it went to the shop the first time. Do yourself a favor and dont convince yourself you are going to get this or that for your troubles. It is not goimg to happen. I know because I am going through it now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.