DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Need input - Which to do first?

584 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  oldhp 
#1 ·
So, I've thought about doing some basic mods to my 1500 Hemi but I'm not too sure where is the best place to start. I know what I want to do but not where to start. I want to make it a pretty mean street truck. I'm only 4x2 so lifting and putting on big tires isn't where I want to go. I feel it would be false advertising and make me look like a fool. plus, it's not the look I see when I look at my truck, No, I want to start with performance while boosting my economy before anything else but do I go for intake/exhaust or should I go for a bullydog or Diablosport trinity? Which is best and easier to do what I want it to and what will get me the most out of my truck and the fuel I put into it barring I don't punch it everywhere.

Any suggestions?

#3 ·
I would say go with the Tuner, but I don't see you saving fuel, if your modding your truck (and remember this is a truck not a honda civic) in the hopes fuel economy your going spend a lot of money and not get much back, The tuner will help a bit, the freeflow exhaust also, the CAI is very efficient on the truck already, lowering will help a bit, and maybe fuel economy tires also, but in the end its still a truck with a 400hp engine in it.

#4 ·
Replace the factory exhaust manifolds with the shorty bolt-on headers, and go with the tuner as others have mentioned. To me this would be best bang for the money with a good base for further engine mods in the future. And if you can keep your foot out of it sometimes, then sometimes you would/might get better MPG!!!
Have fun Hot Rodding that HEMI!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.