DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rear seat headrests removal?

21K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  vman1 
#1 ·
Anyone know how to remove/raise these things on a Crew Cab? It's impossible to clean the window behind them without removing them, but when I push in the base I can only lift them about a 1/4".:4-dontknow:

G
#3 ·
There should be a small tab on the base of the metal upright that allowss you to depress it and remove the headrest, unless I'm mistaken. I've never tried or had occasion to take out the rear headrests....but they should be removeable.

#4 ·
They come out really easy. Can't remember if it has a tab to push or not but slides out nice and goes back in just as easy. I hope this helps you out at all.

#7 ·
I wonder if the 2010 rear seat back folds forward as well? I would love to be able to clean the window...

#11 ·
IIRC my headrests have a button you press to adjust the height, then once it's at full height and you want to remove them, there is an additional button on the opposite post and you have to press both to remove it....going from memory though so don't quote me on that...

#12 ·
I took mine out last night to clean the rear window. Easy to do. Then I took out the front ones and put the rear ones in the front seats. No more goofy looking, push your head forward front seat head rests. Problem solved, back window cleaned and better visability out the back window. I love this truck!

Jim in Pa:smileup:

#16 ·
Check my age, I'm not stupid! The rear head rests stand straight up and would still check a back lash. My head is only 2" from it sitting in my seat. I'm 6'3"

#15 ·
Mine pulled right out although it took a good pull. I took them off to eliminate the blind spots, much better. They are under the rear seat in case I ever put passengers in the back seats other than the dogs. There are two fabric loop pulls at the top of the rear seat, anyone know what those are used for?

#19 ·
I noticed the odd headrest angle when I first test drove the truck, but since buying it and driving it I really do not notice it much. My head does not touch it when driving, so it really is a non-issue for me. Calling it a headrest is really a misnomer as it gives the impression people use it while driving. It is more of a head restraint for protection in the event of an accident much like an airbag. If it were angled further back and your head were in contact with it your line of sight would be up at the roof.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.