DODGE RAM FORUM banner

new door panels?

796 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tradesman12 
#1 ·
i have a 2012 ram express with u guess it manual locks and windows now guess what ive decided i want power so i found a set of brand new panels for 2012 199$ each my question is it a direct swap besides buying motors and actuators and switches and is the wiring all there in the dash am i wasting my time with this or should i just put in aftermarket the main reason im wanting to go this route is my door panels arent to bad with the window rolled up but man roll the window down and they sound cheap

#2 ·
With as interconnected as every component is in these trucks, I'd say go aftermarket components with stock panels and switches.

I know on my '00 Dakota which is low tech in comparison there was a ton involved to try and get an all oem setup working.... Motors, switches, door panels, wiring harness that ran all over the cab, different ECM (or maybe it was the BCM, I don't remember).

It was hugely cheaper and easier to use an aftermarket power window/lock kit, get the stock door panels and switches, and just figure out the pin-out of the stock switches and just throw the buttons from the kit in the trash.

I would expect the project to be even more daunting in a newer ram to go all oem.

#3 ·
With as interconnected as every component is in these trucks, I'd say go aftermarket components with stock panels and switches.

I know on my '00 Dakota which is low tech in comparison there was a ton involved to try and get an all oem setup working.... Motors, switches, door panels, wiring harness that ran all over the cab, different ECM (or maybe it was the BCM, I don't remember).

It was hugely cheaper and easier to use an aftermarket power window/lock kit, get the stock door panels and switches, and just figure out the pin-out of the stock switches and just throw the buttons from the kit in the trash.

I would expect the project to be even more daunting in a newer ram to go all oem.
so ur saying buy the new upgraded door panels and switches and go with aftermarket wiring motors and actuators (door panels are interchangeble on these trucks?) thanx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.