DODGE RAM FORUM banner

tuner came in question before i install it

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  brondondolon 
#1 ·
so my diablo intune came in yesterday. i am ordering my BT catch can tomorrow. so far ive done a seafoam treatment through the vac line and cleaned the throttle body. here in about an hour im gonna get an oil change. i have been running 91 octane for the past 2 months or so. is there anything i should do prior to the tuner install? also should i just do the 87 tune until i get the catch can? i want to get the most out of the tuner with out messing anything up. ive never had a tuner on any of my trucks before so im very new to this. thanks guys

09 ram 1500 5.7L 2wd automatic extended cab 30k miles s&b CAI Y-pipe in place of muffler

#2 ·
you should be able to go ahead and install it as your truck is. that's good you've already been running 91 so you can go straight to the 91 tune.

I think you are all set! Just follow the directions and call customer support if you need it. They are generally extremely helpful

#4 · (Edited)
some one told me on the forum that if i use the 91 tune with out a catch can it could cause detonation or something which would destroy my engine so ive been apprehensive

#6 ·
that's non sense ^^^^^^^

#5 ·
oh i forgot to add i also got a 180 thermostat that i havent installed. tomorrow i have the day off for my bday and im basically gonna be spending the whole day doing what i love and thats working on my truck.

#8 ·
thanks guys now i feel better. ill try to get a video before and after on 0-60 if i remember.

#9 ·
well i attempted to install the tuner last night but after it got to 99% calibrated it came up with an error and then went into safe mode. i tried everything i could. i guess im gonna have to call them today.

#10 ·
called them up a little bit ago. they fixed the problem. i went for a little drive just down my street since my gas tank is on E. it wasnt a CRAZY increse of power but definately noticeable and im happy with it. i did the 91 octane tune.

is there anything in the settings of the 91 tune that i can do to get some more power out of it?

#11 ·
called them up a little bit ago. they fixed the problem. i went for a little drive just down my street since my gas tank is on E. it wasnt a CRAZY increase of power but definitely noticeable and im happy with it. i did the 91 octane tune.

is there anything in the settings of the 91 tune that i can do to get some more power out of it?

#14 ·
so i change my throttle sensitivity to 5 and turned off my MDS the throttle didnt feel any different and the fuel saver mode light still popped up. did i do something wrong?

#15 ·
Give the tune a little time to settle in to the truck. Typically the truck has to "re-learn" everything now with the tune.

The eco light has nothing to do with MDS, they are two separate things. So MDS is likely turned off but the eco light is still able to come on.

#16 ·
so i changed some parameters yesterday none of which altered the transmission and now my transmission feels like its struggling to catch going from 2nd to 3rd. should i contact diablo about this?

#17 ·
its very minor but i can feel it for the brief second that it does it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.