DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Tuner Decision

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  RAM EM 
#1 ·
I know that this is all over this site, and believe me I have been doing research on it. However, it has left me more confused than before on my final decision. I know my next mod is going to be a tuner, but which one to go with I am at a stand still. First off, I know that most everyone is going to say to go towards the Trinity, but I feel that $600 is a lot to throw out there for a tuner.

So far my supporting mods would only be a AFE Stage 2 CAI, Custom Y-pipe, and Magnaflow muffler welded in(have the 180 degree stat sitting in my shed and just need to put it in). I am not going to go much farther then this. The only one I might consider down the road is a ported TB.

The options that I am currently considering is the Diablosport Intune, Diablosport Intune with Hemi Fever tuning, and the Bully Dog GT Hemi plus which I can get as well for just over $400.

I don't know which way to go with this, being as this is my first experience with a tuner. The main things I am looking for is just flat out acceleration, and MPGs(I know it is not going to be huge difference but anything helps.)

I guess overall what I am asking is, with the Mods that I have is it worth a custom tune over the Canned tunes? Also, from what I have been reading, are the Canned tunes for the Bullydog a little bit better overall than the canned tunes on the Diablosport?

Apologize for adding another thread on this, but more and more research isn't helping me at this point. Any input is Greatly appreciated!!! Looking to order today since it is my Birthday gift for myself!! lol

See less See more
#2 ·
If you're absolutely positive that's as far as your gonna go with mods, then get the BD. More often than not, the devious mod-bug burrows into your skin and makes it's way into your brain, causing you to do things you normally wouldn't. If you even slightly suspect this may happen, then the only remedy wil be a dose of DS w/ a tune. FFT...

#8 ·
Thanks for the input. I agree with the mod but as well. Looks like I am goin got wait a couple more months and probably do the same thing as most and get the trinity with hemifever. I have read great reviews regarding the bullydog but am scared that somewhere down the road I will want more with th "mod bug" in my system. Have caught myself saying too many times "this is all I am going to do" and I never stick with it.

Thanks for all the input everyone. Looks like I am going to save a coupe more months and go all out.

#3 ·
I've been researching this myself for weeks. To tune or not to tune. Bullydog or diablo. Well, I just ordered the diablo trinity from hemifever with custom tune included. Should be here sometime this week. Never had a tuner before but I couldn't ignore all the good posts regarding the trinity with hemifever. Can't wait to see what I've been missing!

#4 ·
I was on the fence between bullydog or the diablo trinity.. I ended up going with the trinity because I fear the mod bug is slowly infected me.. and the tuner causes more curiosity of what else these engines are capable of with more mods.. Had the trinity on since Friday and been switching between the 87 canned tune and miliage booster tune.. and absolutely love it and can notice a difference... Can't even imagine what a custom tune will be like.. Curiosity of the potential will kill the wallet. :LOL:

#5 ·
as i understand your limited to what u can buy for the 2011 and newer hemi? ive got a super chip for my 2010 and love it, thats the way i would go. unless you want custom tunes down the road. ported tb is good to have, also i would invest in a catch can. should be put on everyone of these trucks at the lot!

#7 ·
Yes definitely. If you're doing any big mods such as a supercharger you NEED to be able to custom tune. But with a supercharger you're going to need more than just a hemifever or whitelightning tune, you'll have to get a custom one done for your exact set up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.