DODGE RAM FORUM banner

what do you have on your RAM

Does your Ram have a tonneau cover?

162K views 594 replies 452 participants last post by  IN2H2O 
#1 ·
do you have a tonneau cover

do you prefer an open bed, a tonneau cover, a hard cover, or a bed cap :smileup:

#99 ·
Thats why i got the bakflip. I can still haul anything i want. it comes off in seconds and I can take it off myself. So far i have not needed to take it completely off.. just fold the sections you need out of the way. Still have my truck.. locks with the tailgate and keeps the snow out of the bed!

Win - Win - Win.

#101 ·
Ok, I will bite on this one...In the most responsible and serious way... May I ask what your purpose is in buying a truck? I need a definition in order to better answer your query. Is it for need vs. wants? How does a tonneau cover defeat the purpose of buying a truck? Honestly, I don't understand. I am confused. I would like some clarification, if your willing?

#103 · (Edited)
My guess and if it is correct I can see his point. Trucks were made to be utility vehicles. Abused and beaten! Trucks, when invented were not thought of as garaged and TLC given toys. Hell garages werent common when they were made. If you work on a farm or have your own business and have to travel with cargo, Pickups are always in your lineup.

Everyone now has their OWN version of what trucks were made for and how they should be treated. Its his opinion and we should respect him for such. If he was wrong and it could be proven, a correction is in order and opinions can be swayed. Since, no one but him can change his own mind, thats what trucks were meant for, to him!

He's not wrong, its his opinion.

Best Regards!

#104 ·
My guess and if it is correct I can see his point. Trucks were made to be utility vehicles. Abused and beaten! Trucks, when invented were not thought of as garaged and TLC given toys. Hell garages werent common when they were made. If you work on a farm or have your own business and have to travel with cargo, Pickups are always in your lineup.

Everyone now has their OWN version of what trucks were made for and how they should be treated. Its his opinion and we should respect him for such. If he was wrong and it could be proven, a correction is in order and opinions can be swayed. Since, no one but him can change his own mind, thats what trucks were meant for, to him!

He's not wrong, its his opinion.

Best Regards!
I never thought that he was wrong. I truly wanted to know his purpose. So as to understand the statement he made about tonneau covers defeating the purpose of buying a truck.

Best regards right back at you!!

#102 ·
I'm sure he just means that he is not able to haul bigger items with the tonneau cover on. For some people that use their trucks to haul big things or as work trucks a tonneau cover wouldn't make sense.

My girlfriends father has a fiberglass tonneau cover on his truck and hauls a ton of stuff around everyday. I asked him why a truck and not a fullsize suv and he simply said that he loves the truck :smileup:

#110 · (Edited)
BakFlip and BedRug
its a RCSB so I needed a Trunk ;)

first two mods I added actually

I like it's low flat profile better than the taller clam-shell fiberglass hard covers

BTW... as far as fuel economy ,wind resistance and performance goes ...
I actually got my Two Best ET's at the Track with the Tonneau completely Off and the Tailgate On and in the Up Right locked position. ;)

#114 ·
+1 on the Extang Revolution. Flush roll-up. Tarp is completely flat when installed. I think it looks fantastic. The tailgate has to be opened to unlatch the tonneau therefore you have security when your tailgate is locked. If you want to roll it up, the bows roll with it and if you want to take the whole rolled up tarp off it's about a 15 second effort.

My previous experience with Extang has been stellar. Great quality. Black Max on my '99 sport STILL looks great and it's over 10 years old. Not to mention made in the good ole USA in Ann Arbor, MI.

#124 ·
I love my soft cover. I can cover up whatever I have in my bed, yet it rolls up so its not in the way when I haul bigger items. Had a fiberglass cover on my last truck. It was nice to have, but would always get in the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.