DODGE RAM FORUM banner

M&M (Modded Mango)

103K views 759 replies 79 participants last post by  Tred 
#1 ·
So I thought I would go ahead and start this little complete build thread. To start things off, I was in hunting for a new truck and loved the 4th Gen Rams. Looking around Atlanta, I was between a Black Sport and the Mango Sport. The first one that I went to test drive was the Mango and as soon as I seen the sport hood and the color in person I knew it was the "one". (Plus I almost painted my 2000 Silverado burnt orange about 6 months prior) Anyways, ended up taking her home that day

She stayed completely stock for about 3 days. The first thing was to tint the front windows. Then I made the mistake :doh: of finding this forum, because it has sufficiently drained my pockets every since. :LOL: Next was a 18" Magnaflow muffler and then the K&N and painted engine cover, but then that was all removed for the Vararam Air Grabber intake.

Other mods (so far) have been a DiabloSport Predator, LEDs inside and out, a BedRug, wrapped interior silver with Carbon Fiber Di-Noc, Color matched the background on the ram and calipers, added orange evil eyes to the front ram, added orange LEDs to the vents on the sport hood, Debadged. The latest addition has been the Hurst shifter. I be sure to keep everyone up to date and add pictures to this thread as I get them off my phone. I do know that the next thing in the works is a custom airbrush job of the lid for the Vararam.

(Before I added the Evil Eyes)

Oh and I did get an R/T front badge the other day...

See less See more
#730 ·
The suspense is killing me! He was supposed to go to the dealer this morning....it's now after 4 on the east coast and no news?! Maybe he's busy terrorizing the streets in his new (to him) SRT?

#731 ·
Well Brandon, I still have the RAM. They tried offering me a stupid low trade in value. For that I'll just pay it off then buy a Cherokee. Haven't really drove the Ram lately, she has just been sitting idle in the garage. On another note, I have been planning a big Ram get together in Pensacola, FL in November and thought what the heck, might as well do something to the truck.... Needless to say, I have a set of 22" Black/Machined RT's on there way to me as I type this. I really think that I have a mod problem.... :doh:

#732 ·
Well Brandon, I still have the RAM. They tried offering me a stupid low trade in value. For that I'll just pay it off then buy a Cherokee. Haven't really drove the Ram lately, she has just been sitting idle in the garage. On another note, I have been planning a big Ram get together in Pensacola, FL in November and thought what the heck, might as well do something to the truck.... Needless to say, I have a set of 22" Black/Machined RT's on there way to me as I type this. I really think that I have a mod problem.... :doh:
I could think of worse "problems" to have.

#756 ·
It's my dad's car, but I get to run it occasionally. Working on a S10 for me to run next year, only lacking the crank, rods and pistons.

Dragster has a 585 CI BBC on methanol, Powerglide 2 speed, and a Ford 9" Rear. Runs 4.69 in the 1/8 mile, 1.03 second 60' times.

S10 will have a 454 CI SBC w/ 16 degree heads on methanol, Powerglide and Ford 9" Rear. Have no clue on what it will run...

#759 ·
It's been a long time since I've posted anything. A lot of things have changed since the car show days and building the truck up; marriage, move to new state, took a new job, bought a house. I still do have the truck and surprisingly nothing new has been done to it. I am starting to think it's time for a change though. I'm removing the lowering kit this month and going back to stock suspension and adding a leveling kit. Looking to trade my 22 OEM reps with tires for a set of 20s with tires. Going to go all terrain because I'm tired of the terrible ride of being lowered and not concerned with show quality anymore. Anyone looking for a set of 22s send them my way!

#760 · (Edited)
@ joeAEKDB - Although it's a beautiful truck, practicality has it's place, too. And all those engineers & designers, with countless hours of education, try to make us a safe & sound vehicle. The older I get, the more I appreciate & understand it. I am not saying I don't like mods, I do. The time & dedication to really mod out your truck is great. There just comes a point in time when you realize there are more important things in life. Congrats on coming back over to the stock side. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.