DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Aftermarket LED question. Need help

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  SportyRam2015 
#1 ·
So a friend of mine owns a shop and convinced me to change my lights (reverse and third brake) to LEDs and my heads and fogs to plasma LEDs. The change looks great but we ran into a problem.
First, my heads and fogs needed flicker harnesses and resistors to work properly, but sometimes my right headlight will dim. But of course whenever I bring it in it works perfectly.
Second whenever I start my truck it says that my headlight and brake light is out, but they are working fine??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

#3 ·
Not sure to be perfectly honest. The guy at the shop did the work. Not sure if it makes a difference, but I have a 2015 ram sport with the projector headlights and the led tail lights. The only parts that were changed out were the bulbs for the headlights, fog lights, reverse lights and third brake light.

#5 ·
Thanks for the input man but if I'm not mistaken the plasma LEDs in my headlights and fogs actually use less power than the stock bulbs, and I believe its why they needed the flicker harness and resistors but I could be wrong. And wish that were the problem but the light goes dim randomly with nothing changed (that I know of)

#7 ·
I got nothing on your headlight out message but I can almost guarantee that something is wrong with the resister for your third brake light (or there is no resister). So your truck thinks that the third brake light is out. When the third brake light it out, it'll tell you that your right brake light is out for some reason...

#9 ·
Hey guys just wanted to update.
Turns out there was no resistor on the third brake light, so thank you Troops141. That fixed the problem.
As for the headlights that was a bit trickier. They had to wire the headlights to that side amber light in the housing so it would bypass the computer. There was just no other way around it. That computer was just relentless on not accepting those plasma LEDs. But thanks for all your help. All my lights are working great and no more alerts popping up every time I start my truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.