DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My new light bar.

959 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  grawls2008 
#1 · (Edited)
I posted a thread the other day about my reverse lights, and now I finally got my 20 inch light bar mounted on the truck. I would have liked to mount it between the tow hooks, but they only make that bracket for the 2500/3500. So I settled and but it on the front bumper. Overall I am extremely please with the look, and it isnt an eye sore. It still keeps a clean look but gives me alot of light out the front of the truck now.

Automotive lighting Light Automotive exterior Vehicle Car

The light bar is mounted to the front bumper, It is a 20 inch light bar that I got off of amazon. The link is: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KQXKG46?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

The chrome bumper has a metal lip that goes underneath the black cover on the top of the bumper. I just drilled two holes into that metal lip. The bolts that came with the light bar were only like one inch, So I bought some 3 1/2 inch bolts from Home Dept to be able to get the length needed. It was a pretty simple install because I already had the power line and ground ran. I ran an extra ground and power line when I installed the spot beams.

The only thing that I had to do to the light bar was put some clear waterproof silicone around where the power cord goes into the light bar itself. The reviews said that was a 'weak spot' where water could get in. I will keep you updated with the water situation. But overall you can't beat the price for $38.00. If you include the light bar and the cube lights behind the grill The light cost me under $60.00.

Automotive lighting Headlamp Light Bumper Automotive exterior

I also have some of the cube spot lights mounted behind the grill. You can see them in this picture better. The light bar is suppose to be 13,000 lumens. If it is or not I am not sure. It is bright enough for me. I havent got all three lights positioned to where I want them at yet still playing with them. The grill kind of 'eats' some of the light from the spot beams so it isn't throwing the light as far as I would like but it does the job.

Night Street light Black Nature Darkness

This picture is with no lights on at all.

Light Lighting Night Sky Tree

This picture is just the two spot beams, and the light bar. This picture doesnt do the lights justice. I have to get somewhere there is a wall that I can throw the light on to show how bright it is. The light bar is still angled down a little bit so it is throwing alot of light on the ground right in front of the truck.

Now onto the next project. A supreme suspension 3 inch leveling kit, and a 1 inch rear block kit. If anyone has any suggestions for this project I would appreciate it. http://supremesuspensions.com/product/2002-2014-dodge-ram-1500-full-lift-leveling-kit-shims-2wd/

See less See more
#3 ·
I was happy with it.

It came out even better than I could have hoped for. If you mount it the same way I did just be careful because there are bolts that mount the bumper to the frame under there. When I drilled my first hole I put it right over the top of that bolt and had to redrill a second hole more towards the middle of the bumper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.