DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2000 Ram Lift Question

858 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Wh1t3nukle 
#1 ·
I bought a 2000 Ram 318 4x4 from my father that he bought brand new in '00.

It already has Bridgestone Dueler 285/75/16 a/t's.
That being the only major addition so far other than basic's [Tint, audio, etc.]

What im curious about is, it seems to have a factory installed lift, since it sets higher than other Dodge's i come across. The block's in the rear are roughly 3" tall, so does that mean that it has a 3" lift??

Im looking into lift's and bigger tire's, I am really into the rock crawler/Trail rig look, and as this is my first 4x4 im completely lost.

So could someone shed some light on what I actually have/dont have. And possibly a pic of different lift's on these year models.

Ill include a pic also

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
do you want a rock crawler look or actually go crawling?? if you want to take it crawling, then i wouldnt lift it... you dont want it top heavy... you would want to invest in some aggressive 33" tires, a winch, and probably bigger gears for slow crawling torque... i believe you have factory suspension which can easily fit a 33" tire... going over 3" of lift requires stering components and other things that you have to be prepared to replace... I say, maybe add a 1" coil spacer up front to level it off, get some tires, and get some fender flares... a brushguard up front and itll look mean....

#3 ·
The only factory installed lift is a package called the Offroad Edition, which does sit at the STOCK level of a 2500. This is taller than stock 4x4 1500.

To confirm this, the tailgate will have a sticker that says Offroad. You can also take the VIN number to the local dealership to confirm and obtain the BUILD Sheet, unless Dad still has the paperwork. :smileup:

You can also use this online link.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.