DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Light bar help!

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  onsomenextsht 
#1 ·
Hello, I am looking at purchasing a 50" LED lightbar for my 3rd gen ram and plan to mount it on the roof (looks badass IMO.) My question is how do I mount it and what sort of wiring harness do I need?

This is the bar I plan on getting. Yes it is cheap but reviews seem to say its decent and I sure can't afford the 1000$+ Rigid one so this will get the go ahead. It seems the mounts that come with it are plastic and no good really.

Someone mentioned these brackets on another forum when I did some searching on google. It says it works with specific bars, but the one that's mounted in the pic looks very similar to the one I plan to buy.
Anyone have any experience with either of these products?

A link to a wiring harness would be nice also, any sort of wiring intimidates me big time and will require help from my dad. This harness seems to be bought with everything else what are your thoughts on it?

The word with that harness though, is the switches are garbage so (this is why I love amazon, it tells you what usually gets bought together) it seems people buy these switches instead of the ones that come with that harness.

At the end of the day I am hoping it will turn out looking like this.

I also have access to a full fabrication shop (no CNC though :sad: or I would make my own mounts) but I could still make my own mounts if need be. Any help is GREATLY appreciated, I would like to have everything ordered and going within the next week as I am off work. Thank you for taking the time to fully read my post and give me advice and feedback if you care to help. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN! Thanks

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Get a bar that comes with a harness.. ..you would have to use rivet nuts get the ones with the ridges on them .i used 1/4'' x 20 ..with 3/8 out side diameter then you find the position on you cab ..the make marks where you want drill.. then hammer the rivet nuts in the hole .. use a pilot bit at first before you go to 3/8 .. have some one to help you out its a bit tricky to center it your self .. get the offroadledbars.com brackets there bad ass looking.. when you tighten the rivet nut .. (do not over tighten).. you can get wiring instructions online on offroadledbars.com they have mounting instructions .. 50'' led bars get expensive.. for a cheaper bar get epistar there pretty good .. good luck with the install ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.