DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Philips Luxeon LED & Cree MK-R LED

79K views 281 replies 74 participants last post by  Joeynotz 
#1 · (Edited)
After much consideration, I decided to make this write up into its own thread so others that want to follow or search for it will have a little easier time. As time progresses, I will certainly update the thread as needed. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions or comment if you'd like a few different photos. I'll try to accommodate any request.

If you would like more information on these bulbs, you may do so by contacting the vendor directly for more details. You can find them on Facebook at The Auto LED Corp and by email at talcorporation8@gmail.com

#85 ·
The contact information was contained in the first few posts on this thread..... and no, it is not xenondepot.

As far as the quad light kits, you'll have to contact the vendor directly. I speak with him often, however I do not work for him so I have no dog in this fight so to speak.

#90 ·
This is what Braden has said regarding kits for the quad light rams:

Yes for the new kits they have been a bit of pain (which is why no one has come out with a kit that works correctly on the quad style rams). Our Philips kit will work behind the dust cap and run perfect with the trucks system however the beam pattern will not be sufficient. This is the main issue we are having and most LED kit bases are not designed to adjustable however there are kits on the market developed with an adjustable base but none with the correct size spec to fit behind the cap because clearance is a huge issue with these too. We have not jumped to release anything officially because we don't want to release anything that is not at the point where it should be. The prototype kits we had set up were set up with the custom offset here and modified to fit however that is not sufficient when we want to get these out as regular production products.

And regarding the Jeep we have not fully entered the whole "Jeep" market yet which we are still developing relationships and building a clientele so we do not have direct access to the 2015 Grand Cherokees yet. Now we have access to the 2014-2015 Cherokee which we put these kits in and they work perfect but not the 2015 Grand Cherokee. We have built an extremely large customer base in Ram, Nissan, Ford, GMC/Chevy area which we have been dealing most with and only started slowly expanding to the Jeep market which is why we do not have as many resources out there to help us get the information we need.

AND (I asked about blinding people with HID's in the quad lights)

We are testing out "Ball shaped" HID bulbs which are designed for less glare and much better beam pattern. See attached, we are testing out a bunch of different set ups this is why it has taken so long. We are spending the extra time to get it right the first time :) We are pretty happy with the output and cut off of the new HID in the H11 reflector housing. When people don't do things right yes the glare is horrible but if installed correct, with the correct bulb, and the correct headlight adjustment the result will be more than acceptable. You will never get the projector look with a reflector housing so I always say that those looking for that look are best to do an entire headlight upgrade to some true Xenon projectors. As you can see in the install picture the beam patter does not scatter much light and that is on a white wall at 3400lm per bulb and very minimal high spots or hotspots.

Even with LED the beam pattern is the same, or even upgrading the projector style rams with cheap HID bulbs and ballasts you will get glare. Mainly because technically the dodge rams with the factory projectors are actual projector lenses designed for a halogen HIR bulbs but we are going for the absolute best results for factory set ups. Doing an full xenon projector retrofit is a lot of work and modifications.

#94 ·
Just curious are these basically a plug and play for the projectors vs doing an HID kit? I have been wanting to change mine out to something with a more xenon look and just a bit brighter than the stock ones, thought about going with the diode dynamics HID kit, but may consider the bulbs mentioned here if they give a whiter light output! Definitely would like to see photos when yall get em in!

#96 ·
So I installed these lights on my 2015 Laramie, with no error codes. So far! :smileup: I have only driven the truck once at night for about 2hrs. Got flashed once lol but other than that I really love how they look! The only downside is due to my job I only get to drive the truck once or twice a week :(

Broad daylight pic before install
[/URL][/IMG]
Broad daylight after install

Low beams only

Low beams and fog lights

#99 ·
The fogs are just phenomenal..... they are every bit as bright as they look. As far as being flashed, I cringe at the same scenario described above. You will certainly turn the inside of someone's car into daylight if the right angle presents itself..... I haven't been flashed at all though. Main thing is sit your truck back 25 feet from a wall and mark where your stock headlights sit.....this way if adjustments need made after the install, you know right where to set them with no guess work. Enjoy the lights!!

#101 ·
You're over thinking things.... get the Cree and be happy. Tint is illegal in most areas and it's one of those "if it's over X percent, you're illegal". Last time I checked, no one has the ability to measure lumens OR have ordinances/statutes to cover the OUTPUT of lights.

If you feel they might be a smidge high, adjust the beam to hit lower..... I promise you, you will not be disappointed with their output and you'll always second guess things if you get anything else.

#103 · (Edited)
Just wanted to show these pictures... the install was a bit of a pain in the ass - which stupid engineer made it that you have to take the headlights out to change the bulbs?! The first one took a while but the second one went much smoother as I figured out how to do the work. Good thing i had my friend helping as he was much more experienced than I was.

Very happy with the bulbs - they look awesome. When it gets darker tonight I'm going to go for a drive. :D

#104 ·
How was the night drive Mr. Puff?! Would love to hear your thoughts (even though I know you'll be another satisfied customer)!! :smileup:

#105 ·
Absolutely hilarious how bright the fogs are. I kind of feel bad keeping them on when people are coming towards me. The LED main bulbs are better than stock but still not better than a good HID setup - Audi/VW have very good bi-xenon projectors, for example. With the high beams on they light the road up very nicely. Not too bright, but evenly spread and illuminates the whole road in front of you.

I did notice the "dark spot" that people were alluding to a little bit, but it's not too bad. Probably has to do with how the LED arrays are positioned and an inherent limitation of the system.

Low beams

Low beams and fogs

How it looks like from the front

#106 ·
It looks like there have been a few guys with 2015's pick these up. Any issues to this point? It seems most other companies aren't able to get decoders to play nice with the trucks can-bus. I wonder what is different about the ones included with these lights? I want to order these so bad, specifically the 9006 Cree bulbs for the fogs....but still hesitant. PLEASE..2015 guys....post up more thoughts. Thx!

#109 ·
The premium decoder used in my thread is actually made for the 2015. I simply used it in my 2014 because I knew they would work with no issues. At this point, there are several 15's with no concerns or issues. You'll have no issues or concerns and if you reach out to the seller, he will certainly confirm this and put you at ease.

#111 ·
:smileup::smileup::smileup:

#112 ·
I am about to purchase at least the cree led fogs, but wanted members opinions about them as they do appear to be very bright. Have you had any issues with oncoming traffic, as I don't want to blind or disrupt traffic, i hate when people use improper lighting such as HID's and LEDs in their reflector setups. But fogs i am not sure about as they are reflector as well even in our sports. Has anyone had issues with flashing etc?

#114 ·
We have 12 pages of information for you to comb over. Many people have already commented on the Cree bulbs and how well they have worked for them. You aren't going to blind or disrupt traffic unless you have them aimed improperly.

In instances where you can't avoid shining the lights at them, it won't matter in my opinion because even the stock lights would have been shinning in their face as well.

#113 ·
Josh, I ordered the setup, should be here very soon. I went with the phillips for the fogs as they have a lower lumen output. Braden shared with me the fact that others have also skipped the cree's coz they're super bright, but they can be aimed down and low so as to keep from directly blinding oncoming.
However, I was worried about the sheer glow and light output regardless of the aim, so I went with the phillips.
I don't think I'll regret this, I hope I don't, as even the phillips fogs are more than twice as bright as the stock fogs.

#115 ·
Thanks for the reply, that is my biggest concern too, I live out in a rural area and drive on a lot of country roads where light quality and brightness is a premium and these stock lights are horrible, anyway that is my biggest concern is blinding the oncoming traffic. Cant wait to here back on your thoughts. I assume you got the canbus adapters too?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.