DODGE RAM FORUM banner

College kid needing help!

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Harter 
#1 ·
Hey all, I hope this is the right place for this post, but anyhow, I have a 2004 Ram 1500 Sport. The truck is in exceptional condition for its age , and I am trying to install a light bar on it without looking hokey. Because it has the "Sport" bumper on the front, I feel that installing something like a 42" curved light bar would look very nice if I was able to recess it into the bumper. There is a pocket just above the license plate I think it could fit. I haven't been able to find anyone that has done it, so any help or experience would be greatly appreciated. I included an image of the aforementioned bumper pock Land vehicle Grille Vehicle Car Hood
et.

See less See more
#4 ·
I had a 2007 bighorn and did it. but i needed to make spacers for the brackets. I also did one on a 2006 Laramie with the same bumper you have pictured and it Fits perfectly flush, but it was also a 40". I dont know about the 2004 but on the frame horns are not flat so its a pain to mount the brackets up.
i have no clue how to insert a pic other wise i would ha.

#7 ·
Interesting... To attach pictures, you click the paperclip, upload the picture, and close the window, then click the paperclip again. It should say "manage attachments" and then just click on the photo you uploaded. I am really interested to see it if you can make it work. P.S. the picture I had is not my truck. Would a 42" work, or would it be too long to fit?

#8 ·
I know on my bumper the way it cuts in a 42" was to long. In yours i honestly don't know. Id just measure it out, add a 1/2" about total because of the brackets and go from there. Like I said His fit super flush. But we installed it at like 2 in the morning after a party so i dont quite remember how long his was haha.

Attachments

#12 ·
No they came with the bar, I did have to cut them down a bit on the base to make them fit because of the bump out in the plate i mounted it to. I also made a 1/2 spacer for each side because of that bump in it, i had to mount it on the outer side of it. but i made it work. Brightnightlights.com is where i got mine from, came with the brackets and wire harness. If you decide to do one you can pm me to if you need any tips, like i said its kind of a pain to do.

#13 ·
Id defiantly do it again though, if i had a spot to mount one on my 2012 without taking the hooks off or putting it behind the grill i would. Love it, especially in North Dakota where i can drive on the highway and leave it on because i wont see any cars at night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.