DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2010 RAM Headlight Adjustment

38K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Studbuster 
#1 ·
Where are the screws to adjust the headlights up & down on a 2010 RAM 2500? I've stared at the headlights and surrounding area for a half hour and can't see any adjustment screws. The lights are aimed way to low and I need to get them up higher for night driving. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Emil6161

#3 ·
look on the fender near the headlights. there are about 3 holes. one of them has an arrow near it. use a 7mm nut driver and you can get to it that way. it would help to use an extension because its pretty deep in there,

#5 ·
Here are some pix that show where it is. Turn the driver CW to raise the beam and CCW to lower.

Drivers Side -

Passengers Side -

Drivers Side with T20 driver ready to adjust -

#6 ·
Great job with the pics Brad and thanks for taking the time to post them!

#8 ·
Glad to be of some help. This forum sure has helped me a lot, so just trying to return the favor. :smileup:

#12 ·
Adjusting to a fixed point

This site is GREAT!!! Every time I think of something, I search it and there's the answer!!!

I was concerned about this with a 2.5" leveling kit going on my truck today. Now that I know how to adjust the lamp, what about the "where should they point?" Anyone know the what and how to adjust the lamp to the proper angle? I gotta believe there is a proper angle and measurement that the beam should be set to.

#13 ·
This site is GREAT!!! Every time I think of something, I search it and there's the answer!!!

I was concerned about this with a 2.5" leveling kit going on my truck today. Now that I know how to adjust the lamp, what about the "where should they point?" Anyone know the what and how to adjust the lamp to the proper angle? I gotta believe there is a proper angle and measurement that the beam should be set to.
I got this online in about 3 seconds. Seems correct and just adjust the details for our trucks instead of the car they are mentioning:

Park your car on level ground with the headlights about 10 to 15 feet (3 to 4.5 m) from a wall or garage door.
Find the adjusting screws for the headlights. They will probably be inset adjacent to the headlight. You'll find a horizontal and a vertical adjusting screw, with small springs behind them. Some cars come equipped with a small level (like a carpenter's level) attached to the top of the headlight under the hood to help you get the correct adjustment.
Turn the headlights on.
Notice where the light shines, using the wall or garage door as your gauge. Check for uneven or cross-eyed light beams.
Turn the adjusting screws with a Phillips screwdriver while looking at the wall. Turn slowly and continue to check the wall (see illustration) until the light beams are even and tilted slightly downward (so your car's headlights won't blind oncoming traffic).
Test-drive in the dark and repeat steps 1 through 5 as necessary.

#14 ·
I know this is an old thread but thanks for this info guys! I installed the 2.5" HBS leveling kit and now everyone is flashing their high beams at me and I have my low beams on! I looked for awhile for the adjustment screws and couldn't come up with them until now! Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.