DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What did you do to your Ram today?

6M views 8K replies 2K participants last post by  Wile E. Coyote Jr. 
#1 ·
First off, I apologize if there is already a thread for this. I looked and used the search function and did not see one.

I'll start off:

I changed the oil and went to synthetic, changed the transfer case fluid, killed the door chime and sealed the LED 3rd brake light the previous owner neglected to. Last night, I installed my old 12's under the back seat.

Reactions: dbdj28
#62 ·
8 quarts? Do you have a deep oil pan?

You should get into contact with Bighemi04. He is an amsoil dealer and can hook you up with your next purchase.

#69 · (Edited)
Today I Plasti-dipped....

Since I have the black on black look and the truck had a set of the Mopar chrome nerf's....I was going to buy a new set of nerfs. That would have been $200 - 600. For $12 dollars and a few hours time (mostly spent waiting to dry between coats, I have black nerfs. Gotta love chemistry and ingenuity.

#75 · (Edited)
Since I have the black on black look and the truck had a set of the Mopar chrome nerf's....I was going to buy a new set of nerfs. That would have been $200 - 600. For $12 dollars and a few hours time (mostly spent waiting to dry between coats, I have black nerfs. Gotta love chemistry and ingenuity.

Is it me or are those bars on the wrong side? Shouldn't the extra step pad be at the bed and not the hood? Looks like the front tires will rub.

Looks good though.

#70 ·
My apartment manager decided that it was time to do the yard maintenance, & i had collected a passel of bugs on a trip across the desert, tonight it is suppose to sprinkle & that always makes a mess, a layer of heavy dust & a sprinkling of rain will do that.
So i took my Ram to a coin car wash & gave it a through exterior cleaning

#77 ·
it was actually wednesday when i did it but i just saw the thread, a friend needed factory rims for a repo and he traded me a set of 20"s and new tires he had at his shop for my factory 17's. would upload pics but its 9 pm and putting my boy to bed. chrome 5 spoke r/t style wheels and 275/55r20 tires

#80 ·
Back in August, i had an olive tree attack my tailgate, rear bumber, & soft tonneau cover
i replaced the tailgate & rear bumper about a month ago
I went to a auto upholstery shop that originally made the tonneau, they could not get the material, well it finally came in on monday, i had them repair the old one & make me a new one at the same time. i am not real happy with the new tonneau, it was not cut right.
So i decided to put on the repaired tonneau & maybe later get the new one trimmed properly.
I also had the shop put in fiberglass slats to help keep it from sagging when it rains,
The slats were put on using velcro, it rained today & it seems to have worked as planned

#81 ·
Unfortunately, got rid of my Ol' Black Laramie on Tuesday. It just kept on having problems on me. Back in June it had a problem where I could drive only about 20 feet, and it'd die and not start up. If it did start up, it wouldn't let me give it gas and it had a very nasty, rough idle to it. Had the problem fixed after taking the dealership 4 entire weeks to figure the problem. Since I had it fixed, I had it die on me a couple times, but start right back up. And now, not even 5 months later, had the same problem, plus some.

So anyways, got tired of it leavin' me stranded on the side of the road, so I decided to see what kinda BS the dealership salesman was tryin' to give me after I had her towed to my local dealer. Turns out, he gave a very great deal on a brand new... Now I know, most of you will probably diss me on this... 2012 Chevy Silverado Texas Edition. I went through the deal and traded her in for it. I know many people will diss me on this decision, but I have always been a Chevy man, as well as Dodge. So far I am lovin' the truck, because I've always wanted to get me a Texas Edition. I will post some pictures if y'all want me to on a day I have time available. Hardly have any time nowadays due to work.

Will miss the Ol' Black Laramie. Had lots of mods in line for it. But I just didn't feel safe in it anymore after it had died so many times on me on the highway. So might as well get a brand new truck if they give a great deal on it, am I right? Can't beat warranties. ;)

#82 ·
Anything that keeps you rollin' is good

I am going to hang onto my '09 Ram, hopefully until i no longer want to work, my Ram is my money maker
When i decide to quit working, i am going retro, i will build another 1956 Chevy 3100 half ton

#84 ·
Washed my truck at a coin-op today. Since it is 6 years old and rust just starting underneath, I crawled under and oiled the frame, underbody, pulled rubber plugs in doors and rockers and sprayed oil till it ran out. Hopefully good to go for winter & salt now.

#86 ·
I changed the spark plugs yesterday on the 09 Hemi...yep...all 16 of those mothe#*^$#*^%#$ things :) I bruised my elbow so bad I thought I broke it, I was on the passenger side...I think I hit the hood support :( But, on the flip side, the plugs probably had 60k miles on them, and she drives much nicer now.