DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2014 Power Wagon

18K views 90 replies 35 participants last post by  Lil Black 4x4 Hemi 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm probably asking a question that has been asked a million times, but I didn't see a thread so I started this one. :)

I was wondering when to 2014 Power Wagon will be available? I'm just about to order a Ram and the Power Wagon is on the list of possibilities, but the RamTrucks.com website doesn't show it as available just yet. Anyone have any scoop?

#38 ·
Dealerships can place their orders before the Fleet can

the Donlen Fleet ordering website reads,
Initial production is scheduled to begin:

Powerwagon Off Road Group (ACP) - 04/15/14 - Ram 2500

Rear Air Suspension (SEB) - 05/05/14 - Ram 3500

http://www.donlen.com/production-trucks-chrysler.aspx

#39 ·
2014 power wagon

it went up for order on the 9th of may it took me a month to get mine you have to order it at a dealer because it takes 1000.00 to order it a credit check and if your trading in they will appraise your trade in i ordered a fully loaded laramie power wagon black on black
Any questions feel free to ask

#43 ·
2015???? They just released the 2014 design in ads late April, and started the 2014 production line in May. I doubt you'll see a 2015 model yr PW in Aug, probably not until next spring.

#45 ·
Well the 2014s stop production soon and the 2015 model year starts production in August I believe. The 2015s should be identical to the 2014s so I would guess the 2015s will include a PowerWagon soon into the production run.
Yes this is what my understanding is too. You cant put in a order for the 2014's anymore. Hopefully in the next few months one can put in an order for the 2015's. Probably wont see them until late Sept or October I would guess.

#48 ·
I will when, and IF it ever arrives. I placed my order on 9 May, received my D1 confirm on 16 May, and the last update I received was it was off the production line as of 24 June, and was awaiting the custom PW equipment install and then, it has to be shipped to Toledo, then trucked to the dealer. I'm expecting sometime between the last wk of July and the first wk of Aug.

#49 · (Edited)
It'll be interesting to see when exactly the 2015s start coming. My 2012 was built in December 2012, I actually traded a 2013 Tacoma in on a newer (newer actual manufactured month/year but older so called production year) Power Wagon, LOL! Think about that for a moment- I traded a 2013 truck in on a newer 2012 truck that was built AFTER it. LOL! I wouldn't be surprised if 2014 was a VERY short production year just to get the Power Wagon back on the industry standard production year cycle.

#50 ·
That's messed up. My 2014 PW will already be last yr's model by the time I take delivery, sucks! I wish Ram would offer some sort of buy-back deal on letting you into a current 2015 model yr PW if you take delivery of a 2014 model after they start 2015 production. Doesn't seem right that they're this backed up on deliveries and customers are going to end up with an already yr old truck before they even take delivery. I told my dealer to transfer my order to 2015 if my truck doesn't arrive by 1 Aug.

#62 ·
Thanks all for the comments. @Trail Whale - the color is maximum steel. I pulled a 32 foot camper this weekend - pulled like a dream. Went to mud fest, but couldn't talk myself into entering it in the race. Maybe September I will give it a shot.

www.timberviewmudfest.com
What gas mileage are you getting so far, towing and not towing?
Shoot some more pics.

#70 ·
They bolt to the rocker panels and not the frame and reduce the ground clearance. I'm not sure how I will like them but I had to get something on there.
I was thinking of going with the NFAB too, but I think I am going to hold out for some frame mounted rock sliders with steps.

#72 ·
10 mpg avg isn't too bad pulling. I get about 12-13 mpg empty around town, in the summer. Winter I usually get about 11-12. Highest I've had it was about 16 mpg on a 4 hour trip here in Ohio (pretty flat, and by that, all flat). So really that isn't bad. I drove it to DC from Cincy 8 hour or so and was probably getting 14-15 empty.
My round trip to and from work is about 30 miles mixed highway and city.
I know one thing though, it is a comfortable truck to take on a longer drive.
Long live the Power Wagon

#73 ·
It took a while before my gas milage settled down when the PW was new.

I know get 8-10 mpg pulling my 23' camper full of gear. I was getting 12.8 to 13.8 mpg all around as a daily driver.

Since the addition of a Bully Dog programmer I am know getting 14.6 to 15.6 mpg all around.

Not bad for a 4.56:1 , 3/4 ton bad a@@ stump puller!

#81 ·
Had this about 2 weeks now. Without a doubt the best and nicest truck I have ever owned. I've been a true Chevy fan buying a new one every 2 years. Gave up due to front ends not holding together. This baby rides better in the rough than my 2011 1/2 ton Chevy. A bit harsh in the rough pavement, but still have 70 psi.

Mileage about 12 at 7,000 ft elevation and mountains. So as good as my 6.2 Chevy with 3.73.

Anyone doubting Ram quality may have just got a rare bad one-these are fabulous

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.