DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mopar Auxillary Light Switch Panel

37K views 42 replies 17 participants last post by  Trail Whale 
#1 ·
I don't know if you guy's know about these.I saw one for sale on ebay a while back,but never could get them to respond to an email.
I tried 3 different dealerships,and they had no clue about what I was talking about,but I finally found a parts guy smart enough to call the Mopar Accessories people,and he traced down the part #'s.

This set-up isn't cheap,but it'll look a lot better than having a bunch of switches all over your dash.
The switch panel was $113,and the wiring kit was $31.25,so it was over $150 after taxes.

It replaces the RAM panel that's in the lower center section of the dash.

Part# for the switch panel-

Part# for the wiring kit-

See less See more
#2 ·
Cool find, will this work on our 1500's ? I know about the panel but thought is was for the 2500's. There is another thread on here about adapting this panel to the 1500's using some external relays. Anyway if it works let us know.

#4 ·
Great find! I am really liking this if it would fit on my 1500. i had this panel on my 2500 dash. I have never seen it installed in a 1500 and am looking forward to it. Reps for the ground work man!
<<Subscribed>>>

#6 ·
Well,I really hate electical stuff with all these computer age vehicles.I'll probably enlist the help of a local Mopar mechanic when I get everything mounted,and the wires/relays ran.
It should be pretty simple and wire into the truck,it probably just uses a simple positve/ground/and a wire to the dash lighting.
There are 7 pin connectors on the backside of the switch panel,3 on one side and 4 on the other.

Mopar said this part fits any 1500/2500/3500 09-up vehicles.

#16 ·
#17 ·
Candy08 is running this switch in his 11 sport. His 4led lights are all wired to it. I plan on doing the same with my lights on my iron bull. I'll run 2x fogs to one switch, 2x spots I one, and then when I get the LED bars each Bar will have its own switch

#21 ·
Well,I attempted to wire the Aux Switch panel and a pair of off-road lights and a LED lightbar up today.
I'm cursed when it comes to anything electrical. :4-dontknow:

I wired the panel up per instructions from another site,and it worked fine (I thought) until I wired up the lights.
I used a pre-wired light kit on each one,and when I turn the ignition on,the lights on the two switches that the lights are wired to light up,and stay lit up,but the lights on the truck don't work.
I then ran new ground wires-I first grounded the switch/relay grounds to a body grounding screw 1-under the dash,and the other under the hood. I ran 2 new ground wires to the negative post of the battery,and still,no working lights,but the lights on the Aux switch panel stay on.

I don't have a clue as to what's wrong. If anyone has any knowledge on this type of problem,I'm open to suggestions!

#22 ·
Round 2 with this thing,and I got it figured out after building a harness from scratch. This is the best way to deal with this switch panel,the pre-wired light kits are wired wrong for this set-up.
I have to thank MYoung84 from DodgeTalk for his help in getting me straightened out with the wiring problems.

Harness-

I'm using a 13" Green LED light-bar from XK Glow-I hunt hogs at night,and this should come in handy. I bought a pair of mounts from Fourtreks for the light-bar,and mounted it on top of my grill guard.

The off road lights are Rugged Ridge 7" 55 watt HID units,1 pair of spot beams,and 1 pair of flood beams-not installed yet,I'm waiting on the mounting brackets to arrive.

I ran the wiring harness through the firewall by drilling a hole in the clutch block off plate,and then ran the harness behind the battery,and hooked the light wires to the harness in the front left corner of the engine compartment.

#23 ·
Here's the switch panel installed and working.
The spot beam lights are #1,the flood beams will be on #2,the LED light-bar is on #3,and on #4, I'll be putting a pair of Rigid Industries flush mount Dually lights in the rear bumper in the near future.

LED Light-bar-

#27 ·
Thanks,
And not to take anything away from this forum,but I learned how to wire this thing up from a great guy on another forum.He did all of the leg work finding out what each pin connector on the switch panel went to,and also how the relays need to be wired up.
I'l ask him for permission to copy what he figured out,or if anyone here wants to know,I'll PM them a link to his How To Guide for the OEM Switch Panel.

#29 ·
Looking good , I've been thinking of adding a couple LED light bars on my logging truck

#32 ·
So bumping this to the top because I just got all the parts for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, all the factory parts that is. I am going to emulate the OPs but will keep mine as a completely separate circuit and harness. Now just to get a weekend off and be able to put this together!

#36 ·
I was about to do this mod myself and was looking to see if anyone already had. Would you mind sharing the harness setup with me? You'll probably save me a headache. Thank you

Work is pretty busy with me right now. Once I have time to sit down and wire everything up I will detail it all. I know the OP has some diagrams and photos he can share as well.

#38 ·
Alrighty, so my switch panel is in. I got lucky I guess, on the back of the RAM insert was a blank socket with a three wire harness running to it (heated seat harness maybe?). It had two hot 12v and a ground, the plug fit excactly the switch pannel but the leads were in the wrong pin holes. I used the two hots for my two 12v sources and used the harness ground on the passenger side. I then built a 10' harness and ran out the blockoff for the clutch pedal and ran along the inside of the fender with the factory harness to the TIPM module. Right now the harness is terminated there. I am deciding on wether or not to build my own 4 relay block or just buy an sPod and use that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.