DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Got a phone call today...

3K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  the persuader 
#1 ·
I got a phone call today from one of my roommates. He said "Are you home? I'm stuck." I started laughing because he drives an AWD Lexus hybrid SUV. There's a new neighborhood going up behind ours and its pretty muddy. Me and one of my other roommates jump in my truck and head over. We pull up and he's out in the middle of a field down a nasty construction road. I pulled him out pretty easily.
Here's the stuck:

After I pulled him out:

It was pretty funny. :LOL:

See less See more
#3 ·
Figured it would be a girl. That looks like more of a chick car than a VW Beetle.

#6 ·
He says it's a chick car too. We always give him crap.
Nice! I think a lot of people misunderstand the differences between AWD and 4WD and also don't know enough about open, LSD, and locking diffs. I agree with Hydrex on it being a chick car.

Really with the way the roads are in College Station, everyone needs a truck or (real) SUV. My brother is a grad student at A&M and he's bottomed out his Jetta (yes, also a chick car) several times just driving around town. I told him he needs to get a red Ram to better deal with the roads there and so that he, myself, and our dad can have 'Merica colored trucks (dad's is blue).
I've tried to explain the difference between AWD and 4WD. He doesn't get it.

The roads here do have some mean pot holes and driveways. And get the 'Murica truck stable going!
It doesn't even look stuck, and it really does look like a chick car
The traction control kept cutting on and he couldn't even spin the tires to get out. It was pretty funny.

#4 ·
Nice! I think a lot of people misunderstand the differences between AWD and 4WD and also don't know enough about open, LSD, and locking diffs. I agree with Hydrex on it being a chick car.

Really with the way the roads are in College Station, everyone needs a truck or (real) SUV. My brother is a grad student at A&M and he's bottomed out his Jetta (yes, also a chick car) several times just driving around town. I told him he needs to get a red Ram to better deal with the roads there and so that he, myself, and our dad can have 'Merica colored trucks (dad's is blue).

#7 ·
It doesn't have a T/C disable button? Even the Accord I drove in college had one.

#13 ·
The passenger side was a lot more stuck. The way the land was, the vehicles wanted to slide off to the right.

#14 ·
T/C was my biggest pet peeve I had with my little 2011 Nissan Frontier. You couldn't defeat it when you actually needed wheel spin....most annoying system ever.

#15 ·
It is a royal pain in the ass that's for sure. I found with my 08 pontiac torrent, if I held down the button for 20 seconds instead of just pressing the button it would actually shut it completely off. That was an AWD vehicle I couldn't get stuck, and I pushed it several times.

#16 ·
hahaha that is great. what was he doin back there in the first place? trying to "offroad"?

good save. I love pullin people out

#18 ·
I expect something like that down here from San Diego natives
They would get stuck if they had to drive on anything but dry pavement

#22 ·
Although this thread gave me a good laugh, it also brought back a bad memory. In the late 90's I had a 2x4 1500 w/ the 5.9L. The closest thing to off road "components" I had added to the truck were some 285 BFG A/Ts. A buddy and I went hunting on a piece of property we had at the time after we had a little rain. I knew when it was wet out there to navigate the "road" out of the ruts where it was higher and dryer, but I managed to get in some and got stuck. After about 30 minutes of rocking and shaking the ass end I finally had to break down and call my dad to come tow me out. He pulled up in, this still brings a tear to my eye, his Lexus LX470 (same as the Toyota Land Cruiser) with a BIG grin on his face. After hooking up the tow strap and easily pulling me out, he just smiled and said, "So, how are you going to tell your buddies that my luxury, Japanese SUV pulled your big, bad Dodge out of "a little dirt." Needless to say, I didn't. Just shameful!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.