DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Need advice on winch and mount

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Trail Whale 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 ram 3500. I really like the Westin HDX mount and a Warn 16.5 TI winch. The problem is neither Warn nor Westin customer service or tech folks can tell me if they are compatible. Anyone running this combo? If not what kind of winch and mount is anyone running on a 2014 3500? Thanks, 163bc

#2 ·
For a winch that big on a 3500 I would go with a full replacement bumper with a built in winch mount. There are a lot of different ones out there. You could ask Westin which winches do fit their mount and then compare dimensions. That may not guarantee the winch will fit, but it may rule it out.

#4 ·
Have you seen Mercenary Offroad's 4th gen bumper? IDK where they move the diesel's intercooler (they have it on a Cummins rig) but they make high clearance offroad winch bumper that accommodates a Warn 16.5 in bout the place where the Power Wagon's winch is mounted. They have a SICK high clearance design design to them that gives 4th gens a MUCH better approach angle than stock. They are $$$$$ though!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.