DODGE RAM FORUM banner

A Ford kept up

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  ruger77 
#1 ·
So I was coming home from school a few hours ago and this older model Ford(pre 2004 models) was in front. It had the shoepolish etc. so I assumed it was a highschool kid which it appeared to be. I guess he thought I was trying to race when I drove next to him for a few seconds trying to see who it was(it was dark so I couldn't tell very well). Well, I pass him....didn't cut him off or anything. And at this point I was going 75-80 and start cruising again. As soon as I switch to the right lane he decides to whip over and punch it so I'm like, "Ha. Not about to let someone punk me." I punch it and surprisingly he keeps pulling on me till he gets about even with my my back doors going about 90. Then I pull away and win. I don't remember by how much but he wasn't even with my tailgate so I'm not sure.

After that I hit the brakes then start coasting and he flys past me thinking he won I guess? :4-dontknow: Lol.

But why did he keep pulling on me for a little bit? I have a quad cab with the Hemi so I'm confused. The only thing I can think of is that he was able to get up and going before I was and I know that these trucks don't pull as hard once they're up to the speeds we were at. Anyone else have a clue?

And just to let everyone know, there were no other cars around other than the minimal traffic behind us so we weren't bothering anyone else or anything of that nature.

See less See more
#6 ·
Yes, it was an F150.
Maybe he had work done because those f150's have no power, my assumption he had work
i'm guessing he may have swapped over a supercharger from a harley/lightning. It's a pretty easy swap, i did it for my boss' son once.
It didn't look like something that had work done. Looked stock, didn't see any aftermarket exhaust and I didn't hear one either.
you werent in an optimal gear....
This is the only reason I could think of but wouldn't he have had the same disadvantage? He did get the jump and hit the accelerator probably 1/2 a second to a second before I put mine to the floor. Either way, I won.

#3 ·
Maybe he had work done because those f150's have no power, my assumption he had work

#5 ·
you werent in an optimal gear....

#8 ·
Yea that's at the crank not to the wheels so the ford(I had a 2002 f150) has no power... I'm stumped

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.