DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Anyone having problems with....

4K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  vsaharris 
#1 · (Edited)
Their outdoor temperature sensor? Mine is usually anywhere from 7-12 degrees off the outside temperature. Last time I took it down to the dealership (for Line-X) I told them about it. When I came back they said that a "sensor bulb" was faulty and they replaced it and it should be "good to go". I think they were blowing a little sunshine up my tail because nothing has changed. Anyone know if this can be re-calibrated on my own or do I need to go back down there?

Also having issues with the center console not closing when I just drop it. I have to use some force to get it to click in, so I might have to take it down for that, too.

Found a mess up on the paint towards the front. I'm afraid I can see the fight brewing on that one and who says it's gonna look better once "fixed"? It looks like something was on the truck like a fleck of something and they just sprayed right over it and left it there.

I guess in the grand scheme of things these are all very minor issues and I am very happy with my purchase. I just don't like going back down there because I always feel like I'm the bad guy for bringing this crap up (not to mention I'm pretty busy as it is without dealing with them). :poopstorm:

See less See more
#2 ·
Their outdoor temperature sensor? Mine is usually anywhere from 7-12 degrees off the outside temperature. Last time I took it down to the dealership (for Line-X) I told them about it. When I came back they said that a "sensor bulb" was faulty and they replaced it and it should be "good to go". I think they were blowing a little sunshine up my tail because nothing has changed. Anyone know if this can be re-calibrated on my own or do I need to go back down there?

Also having issues with the center console not closing when I just drop it. I have to use some force to get it to click in, so I might have to take it down for that, too.

Found a mess up on the paint towards the front. I'm afraid I can see the fight brewing on that one and who says it's gonna look better once "fixed"? It looks like something was on the truck like a fleck of something and they just sprayed right over it and left it there.

I guess in the grand scheme of things these are all very minor issues and I am very happy with my purchase. I just don't like going back down there because I always feel like I'm the bad guy for bringing this crap up (not to mention I'm pretty busy as it is without dealing with them). :poopstorm:

my temp shows off too but its hard to tell if your comparing temp to the news they may get their readings from somewhere else, in a city spread out as much as the one im in it can snow in one part, and sunny in another. Or if you have ever rode a motorcycle you know how much temp changes just by riding around and feeling the air.

#3 ·
my temp shows off too but its hard to tell if your comparing temp to the news they may get their readings from somewhere else, in a city spread out as much as the one im in it can snow in one part, and sunny in another. Or if you have ever rode a motorcycle you know how much temp changes just by riding around and feeling the air.
Yeah, I'm kind of a weather nerd and have a pretty expensive weather station set-up at my house and I also monitor other stations in my area.

If it was 1 or 2 degrees I wouldn't even sweat it but it's telling me it's 23 degrees sometimes when it's actually a couple degrees above freezing. Naturally, that slows me down a little until I figure out what the real temperature is.

#8 ·
It is not just you on the center console issue. I just finished test driving four or five 1500s and making my purchasing of a new 1500 yesterday. I did notice that some center consoles of my test drives did not close right if you just drop shut em. Like you, I had to put some heat on it going down and slap it shut. The truck I did buy, does not have that issue. So something on yours needs adjusted imo.

#9 ·
Wow, guess I'm not alone in these issues. Maybe they'll issue a recall notice at some point in the near future. Was hoping there was a way to back door the temp. calibration...

#10 ·
Wow, guess I'm not alone in these issues. Maybe they'll issue a recall notice at some point in the near future. Was hoping there was a way to back door the temp. calibration...
Ive never really paid that much attention to it, as long as my truck is warm i really don't care what the temp is. Guess im on the old theory of stick your arm outside, if its wet its raining, if its cold it cold, if its covered in snow its snowing and if its hot its hot

#19 ·
Its not just the OAT gauge

I'm about fed with this thing [ 8.4A]. The OAT is never even close to being correct, but, thats the least of my concerns. The compass is usually screwed up and takes forever for it to figure where we are headed. The radio keeps losing signal. The phone is usually not recognized and will not accept a re-entry. I'm about ready to fix it with a hammer.

#23 ·
I've got the same issue with the outside temp consistently being about 5 degs. colder than it really is and my center console also takes a good slam to fully latch closed. So far (knock on wood) this is the only issues I've seen. My dad is a technician at a Dodge dealership and I will probably wait to let him look at it when I make it back home again so I'm not stuck losing my truck for a day to the local dealer so that they can tell me there's nothing wrong or nothing they can do. Other than those minor issues I'm loving the new Ram and this is my 8th Ram I've owned!
Keep us updated on what you find out if you get yours in before I do.

#24 ·
Took my 2013 Laramie into the dealership for a minor repair, and they stated they had a service bulletin from Dodge to reprogram the outdoor temperature gage and that they would make that change while they had my truck. Not sure what they did, but my outdoor temperature reading got worse, plus I had to reset quite a few of my other settings for lights and door locks. Although I don't pay to much attention to the outdoor temperature gage, I'll have the dealership look at it again.

Othersise......loving my new 2013 Dodge Ram!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.