DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Maine Rams?

11K views 70 replies 28 participants last post by  K-Dawg 
#1 ·
Just thought I would send a post out there again to see if we can get more Mainers to post up and also to put us Northerners on the map.
Here is the link to put yourself on the Zeemap. Post up Maineiacs :)

http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=156146

Maybe if we get enough interest I will try to start up a Central Maine Group. Here in maine it is a long ways between most towns, so it is tough to put together meetings. Although Mainers love to get together to eat and swap stories, so theres a pitch :)

#3 ·
Sweet as you can see im in Oakland here. Good to have you aboard man! Cant wait to see pics of the truck. Post some up as soon as you get a chance, everyone loves to see other peoples rides. Check out the galleries. There are some nice mods out there. Also think there is a Black Ram group in here as well if you browse through the forum titles. :)

#5 ·
I'm way south of you guys, but I do travel into MA a few times a year.

Your best bet is to look at the map and pick a location that is as equal distantce for all members to travel. Then pick a spot that would work best. Just my 2 cents for what it is worth. :wavey:

#6 ·
True, I really want to get this rolling for an offroad meet next srping here somewhere in Maine. I would like to see it an overnight camping kinda thing, if that turns out to be too complicated for most people that I talk to between now and then, I would opt for an open picnic type meet at a nice park somewhere like Popham Beach or further to the southern part of state maybe. We will see. I plan to keep bumping this thread to get plenty of coverage out to folks.

#8 ·
Lots of good places in the area, I have never been to Jorgensens but gonna try it now, If we can involve people from other parts of Maine it would be awesome too. I don't mind travelling a little bit to meet other people with the same interests. We all know how friendly Mainers are :) At this point we will wait and see what we get for people and go from there. Keep the ideas coming.

#11 ·
heh beach house in OOB, that sounds sweet :) I got a camp on Brandy Pond some 20 miles plus outside of Old Town on 30 miles of bad road :)

#13 ·
Nice Raven! Way to go on the tools. I had a ton of tools until about a month ago when our storage unit up the road got broken into. They got all 3 tool boxes and no cameras at the unit! I was not happy. They cut the locks and got all the back units where they could not be seen from the road. I called Allstate and they said I was covered under my ALL PERIL policy. I was happy until they said I had a 1000.00 deductible. I had already filed a police report for all 950.00 pf my hand tools. I would have inflated it a bit if I had known how crappy my policy was. My bad luck. I will be holding off until next spring when we buy a new home (with garage and lots of property) until I start replacing my tools. Just not enough security when you store them elsewhere, and living in a soup can (mobile home) we own, on a rented lot in town sux. After moving back from Florida to raise my grandson it has talken a bit to find the right property for us. Look forward to meeting our Maine crew once we get a few more added in and figure a meeting spot to get together for the first time. :) Keep on Rammin.

#14 ·
man that sucks about the tools crazy what people do now a days ... my old air compressor and chainsaw got stolen right out of my friends garage ..course he didnt have any doors on it either

the wife and i are looking at houses now some maybe we'll have a gathering there sometime ... cookout meet and greet style
right now we're also in a pos trailer that we're renting so having a place of our own with a man cave for me will be great as i also have a 91 dodge stealth RT twin turbo thats my project car... bigger turbos,full exhaust just a bunch of work going into it

#16 ·
Bump maine!!!

Just bumping this thread to get more Maine folks aboard if any new ones.
So post up and put yoursefl on the map too.
:LOL:

#17 ·
Hey Homies, I think I am gonna try to work a deal on the property we rent for our mobile home. They have expressed an interest in selling and I may be able to pick it up reasonable enough to put up a decent garage to finally start some work on my truck. After a couple years when the Real Estate market recovers a bit I will flip it and then go for the big land buy. The ultimate purchase we have sought for the last couple years is 50 to 100 acres with mix of woods and fields and not completely cut off of harvestable wood. We plan to build a family compound and live better by raising our own year round gardens and raising our own meat. Tough project to untertake at my age but we are determined to make a better place for my grandson to grow up on. This will of course include some truck trails for him (and Papa) to play on. I think this area needs more truck trails and possibly a kool spot to hold a Maine Ram Party each summer. :) Wouldnt that be sweet :) Anyway, Maine folks keep posting up so we can get a group big enough to eventually check the possibility of a Maine Rams group. Keep Rammin'

#18 ·
Hey there guys. I'm located in MA but frequently travel up to the Moosehead Lake region of Maine. However I am able to travel south of Moosehead Lake as it appears many of you are in south/central Maine. Just thought I'd post up and let you all know that for all intensive purposes, there is another Maine ram on the boards.

#19 ·
Fantastic ACS welcome to the Maine Rams thread! :) I have been enjoying Maine lakes for many years, and Moosehead is one of our most beautiful. The fishing there has declined a bit in the last 15 years or so, but still a great place to fish and camp.

#20 ·
jacksonsnorth - it really is an incredible area. In my particular area there was a lot of confusion this past year about the meaning of the fishing law and how many fish you can/can't take home. Nonetheless, at least there is still fishing. I'm more into camping, personally, however it is all great.

#21 ·
jacksonsnorth - it really is an incredible area. In my particular area there was a lot of confusion this past year about the meaning of the fishing law and how many fish you can/can't take home. Nonetheless, at least there is still fishing. I'm more into camping, personally, however it is all great.
I hear ya, Sometimes the fishing laws are confusing for sure. It is tough to decipher some of the lingo but I usually contact a local Warden if I am confused by any of the legal language. That does seem to work the best if any doubt is present. :)
I love camping as well, just being outdoors in Maine is an incredible experience. We have some beautiful conutry here and none of the things that make the outdoors in other states deadly, like poison spiders or snakes, and/or man eating wildlife :) I love my state :)

#23 ·
Well we do have bears...haha. Fortunately it's relatively rare to come across one.
I have extensive bear hunting experience for many years and more often than not you may smell them, but not see them. They will run at the slightest noise or smell of you, unless of course your carrying a bait bucket to your stand and they happen to be there waiting for lunch, LMAO. (has been known to happen) :LOL:You are correct though, we have bear!

#24 ·
OK pulled the trigger on the intown property and will be closing on it within the next couple weeks. Sooo. that means new garage in the spring and place to do Ram work :) I am stoked. This will be a good rental property once we find our large parcel we want.

#28 ·
I just posted my location on the map (i think lol) and I am from Waterville. I am an avid outdoors-men and am always going fishing and as of last year ice fishing and this year i added hunting to my resume. I have a run of the mill garage with an above average amount of tools to choose from. and just got a brand new air compressor where the old one has seen its last day.

#30 · (Edited)
BUMP!!! Trying to get some more activity here in Maine. Met up with a great young man at Wal Mart tonight. He drives an 05 Daytona in that awesome orange color. Nice kid and had 2 nice young girls with him, turns out one of the girls fathers drives the orange Daytona in my home town that I see all over. :) Nice kids and great to talk to. Hope to see him posting up soon. Corey is his name and Mopar is his game :)
Bringing all up to speed, I bought the intown property and have been occupied with family stuff these past few weeks. Sis in Law has cancer and her and the 3 kids are bunking with us so we can get her back and forth to Chemo and Boston. Sad stuff, shes only 34, kids are 3, 4, and 12. We only have a 2 BR place (2 sets of bunks and a comfy couch) looks like expansion in the spring, My 9 yo grandson loves having them here though. :) So at any rate, I see we are getting more Maine Rams here so would be awesome to have a meet and greet in 2013 :) It is almost here all! Of course that is if we don't all get fried on the 21st of this month as predicted by the Mayans. But hey, how smart can they really be, they are extinct! So I am holding out for a meet maybe in jan. if weather permits or maybe a spring meet. We should have many more members in Maine by then I hope, so keep the faith all. I will be on as often as possible to check in and BUMP this thread. Hope everyone has an awesome holiday, no matter how you celebrate it. Keep Rammin!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.