DODGE RAM FORUM banner

0 percent financing

6K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  Kindanocturnal 
#1 ·
When does Ram typically run 0 percent financing? Wanting to buy a new express crew cab but I'd really like to get the best deal possible. Also I'm wondering if the express crew 2wd can be purchased for 25k plus tax title, etc. Anyone care to share thoughts?

#7 ·
I was able to get 1.89% financing for 66 months from my dealer. I'm guessing you'll have to forfeit some rebates if you are able to get 0% financing. :4-dontknow:

#11 ·
The best negotiating tactic is to get pre-approved through a bank or credit union before you set foot in the dealer. PenFed has about the best rate out there at 1.99%, or .74% (48 months) if you go through their car buying service. With the pre-approval in hand you can avoid all the scummy sales techniques of trying to push you into a certain monthly payment and other games they play. Just tell them you are paying cash.

Once you arrive at a sales price, you can give them a shot at beating your pre-approved interest rate.

If you have to give up a rebate to get 0%, it is probably not worth it. If you get a $1500 rebate on a $25000 truck you finance $23500 at 2% at a total cost of $24714 - better than $25000 with 0%. I also prefer to get the savings up front instead of across the term of the loan - if you hit the lottery in two months you can pay off the loan and still get the benefit of the savings with the rebate. You will have to do the math based on what rates you can qualify for and the incentives in place at the time you buy.

#12 ·
When I bought my reg cab express they had the crews for 2k more. 21,7xx vs like 23,5xx or something like that. Might have been the quads though, I didn't really look at them though. I was set on a reg cab. Lol.

I don't see why you can't get close to that price. And those prices inc. Power and keyless package, chrome clads, uconnect.

#15 ·
I'd watch for the next month or so

I found one dealer that said he had 0% and another that said they didn't. I am certain Dodge itself is not offering it, if they did it would be clearly posted on their website along with their other incentives (scan the fine print for the link at the bottom of the truck web page, under "cost").

They just sold me a truck with a big package incentive deal during a time when GM is blowing out old 2013's. There aren't too many 13 GM's left and I know dodge wants less inventory of 2o13's to make way for the 14's, so I might watch over the next month or two. Don't wait too long--in my experience the best deals are in late summer/early fall, not end of the calendar year like many think.

I really like the either or rebates as my credit union will usually match the financing so I can get both the rebate and the low rate.

Can't complain as I will be arranging a 6 year loan at 0.75% for mine.

#22 ·
The beauty with the build your own is if a better financing or rebate comes out while you are waiting, you get it and if it gets worse you are locked into the promo they had at the time. My rebate went up $3000 while I waited the 8 weeks and I still got 0 for 60 not to mention they bought my 2008 outright for $28,000 (wrote me a check afterwards) but still included the trade value in the tax credit on the new purchase.

This was in 2010 when used inventory was ridiculously low and incentives were high. Doubt I will see a deal like this again, but it just kept getting better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.