DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1500 cummins 6.7 build

12K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  taymor58 
#1 ·
i thought i would share my build with you guys. it's buy no means perfect but it work's perfect for me.

See less See more
#6 ·
Looks really cool, looking forward to seeing videos of it rolling.

If you havent gotten into the electronics yet I would recomend an H&S tuner. I would say they have the best programers for 6.7 and they are extremely helpful when it comes to customer service and custom tunes

#9 ·
ive always wanted to make a half ton 5.9 24v or 6.7 for a fast as hell 2x4 or 1500 powerwagon diesel type truck lots of respect for giving it go ill be watching!

#10 ·
Just curious is the 1500 frame strong enough in stock form or are you having to do any additional bracing? Also what rear end are you running, AAM 11.5"?. Love the project though can't wait to see more progress!

#12 ·
the frame is strong enough. no additional bracing needed. as of now im running the 11.5 rear end with 3.42 gears. i will be going to a 9'' and four link on the winter.

i am also going to build twins in the fall of summer if everything goes good

#15 ·
That is a big a** intercooler...What are you going to use for Bumper???

#18 ·
Completely impressed with the size of your b@lls!!! Damn it.:SHOCKED: Really cool and it starts about 100 questions for me. Most come from "I wish I was doing this" brain pattern.
1) Why a 6.7? I would have thought the 5.9 would have been the choice given the nearly identical power and better mileage. (okay, I feel stupid for talking about mileage on this project)
2) Changing the rear axle housing/springs to a 2500 unit I hope? Because you'll twist the 1500 like a pretzel and axle wrap the hell out of the springs. (and driveshaft of course)
3) How bad is the computer & harness swapping going to be?
4) I hate you. :smileup: (not really a question as much as it is jealousy).

Okay you don't have to answer any of these, but my brain started rolling as soon as I saw the thread title. sry. Can't wait to see more down the road form this project. Good luck to ya!

#20 ·
I love it. When I started shopping for a new truck, it had been a while, I was hoping someone had put a diesel in a new 1500. I would have bought it.

#21 ·
1) why 6.7 i bought a mega cab that was an oil field truck for 4,000 bucks. so i could not pass it up. i got 3,700 including the 1500 in parts after i sold parts from the megacab. 6.7 can spool a 66mm turbo like a 5.9 can a stock turbo pretty much.

2) im running the 1500 leaf springs cause the 2500 ones are about 3/4'' wider. i will be doing track bars for now in the winter going to a 9'' with a 4 link.

3) its not to bad to do the wireing just have to be yell to blow steam so i dont break anything lol. i have full wireing so kinda had a head start.

4) its easy man dont be jelious you can easyly do a 12v

#30 ·
I've always wanted to do this to my 2003 1500 base 3.7 with 5 speed that I've owned since new (it has 90,000 miles now). I've always read that the 1500 frame is too light weight for the weight and torque of the diesel. Hope it works out for you once you actually get it running. I'll be following your progress.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.