DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Leveled and Lifted 2wd Ram - Information and Picture Thread

163K views 238 replies 89 participants last post by  lilredexp22 
#1 · (Edited)
A great idea stemmed from another thread...

Lets keep this an informative thread for ALL those members with 2wd Rams looking to either Level or Lift
*Keep all negativity away from this thread (many like to interject their opinion)

Post your pics:
What you are running:
and
How your truck rides since the level/lift

:smiley_thumbs_up:​

#39 ·
damn 1lowblkram, i love it! that's exactly the look i wanted. i eventually want to put 35s w/ either 17" or 18" rims on but don't want a ton of wheel gap. my fear at this point is the suspension being maxed out but i love the look of your truck (i've got the same looking truck, minus the hemi).

#40 ·
Hey Blackram, truck looking good man! I too am going to go with the 295/60 Terras. Have you really noticed any difference performance wise with the new tires and how is the ride and noise also compared to stock? Thanks.

#45 ·
You would definitely rub with either of those tires on the stock wheels. I only have a quarter to half inch from rubbing on the stock tire. The height would be fine but the width, especially with the sidewall design and how much wider those tires are than others the same size, would cause you to rub. Just went out and measured again, 39.75 in the front and 40" in the back. It looks a little nose high, but actually isn't. A 2" rear would probably be ideal, you would just have to piece it all together.

#47 ·
Thanks fast, those amp steps I just got from you help a lot!!:smileup:

#50 ·
There is a guy on another forum that is running the 7 inch kit and stock wheels on 305/55r20 Terra Grapplers which measure 12.4" wide. He says there is no rubbing with that setup. So according to that, the Trail Grapplers you want, which are 12.13" wide, should fit without rubbing on stock wheels. So I retract my previous statement about them being too wide. But honestly I wouldn't want to give that advice and you order and they not fit. Search CST 7'' lift on google. Think his name is bullram on another forum, silver 1500.

#51 · (Edited)
Rambo, I went from general grabbers to the terra grapplers, so can't comment on the stockers vs terra grapplers. I can say however that the terra grapplers are very livable tires! Not too loud, ride smooth, great traction all around! I see why they sell so many of these tires. Most people I spoke to have gotten 50k-60k outta them easily! I did notice a drop in acceleration after putting on taller tires. It's funny, now that I have new tires, I suddenly don't want to floor it as much anymore. I enjoy driving easier now that it is lifted, whereas I drove it like I stole it before!!!

Btw Sukka, the sidewall of the terra grapplers is very smooth for an all terrain, meaning that you should be fine using the 295's with the lift spindle. Do your own research, tho. I thought I read at some point that the fabricated spindle required less backspace on the rims, I believe I read 4.5" BS max for the cast spindles and 5" BS max for the fabricated ones??? Check it out, that would mean that you have more clearance for stockers with the fabricated ones!

#56 ·
HELP! How do I get a 4" Suspension lift on my 2012 2wd Ram? I've called specialty shops, the Dodge dealership, websites and searched all over the web! I would sincerely appreciate any input! I currently have a 2"/1" leveling kit w/33" Nitto's that rub on the sway bar. I'm not very technically savvy if you do offer any suggestions. Thank you! I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

#57 ·
Best way to achieve another 4 inches would order the CST 4 inch spindle. I have it and its great. I would order the spindle first and have a lift shop install it and then see much lift you need for the rear. Every truck is different. So you might install the 4 inch spindle then realize you only need to add 2.5 inches in the rear (BTW 2wds sit WAY layer than 4wds) so you can order yourself a 2.5 inch coil spacer or however much lift you need for the rear.

#62 ·
Oh yeah I've just recently heard about that. Back in may when I bought my CST kit I'm pretty sure maxtrac did not have a lift kit out for our trucks. If you look at their 7" lift for our 2wd it says you can clear 37's no rubbing! If you do get their kit make sure to post pics! I would love to see it.

#79 · (Edited)
I have decided I am going with the CST 7 inch lift on my 2wd Sport. Now I have to figure out the rim and tire combo and put all the cash together. Looking at Drop stars 645 on 35x12.50 but still debating 18 or 20 's.
Those wheels look pretty good! I would do 20's, but that's my personal preference. Post up some pics when you get it done! Looking to add to my lift pretty soon as well.

I am probably going to purchase the CST 4/1.5 for my 14 Sport CC. Just curious to know how bad will gas mileage be affected if I keep my stock wheels and tires? That will probably be my decision point on whether or not I purchase the kit. Also, are any other parts required in addition to the CST kit? I read someone had to get spacers for the rear because the spindles made the front wheels stick out some. Thanks
I have had the 4/1.5 CST for a good while now. It rides same as stock and I haven't had any problems at all. When I was stock height, I was getting around 19-19.5 mpg strictly highway, averaging about 65-70 mph with the stock tires and wheels. I have to drive almost 400 miles one way to work once a month. Same roads and same driving style (not grandma, but not Dale Jr. either). And I was getting around 16 in town. I dropped down to about 16.5 mpg on the highway after the lift. I now have a Diablosport, and running the 91 octane Hemifever tune, I am now back up to about 18 mpg on highway. Soon to be making my CST lift 6'' with 35'' ATZ P3 tires. Still undecided on wheels, but have it narrowed down to Ballistic Anvil and Fuel Mavericks. The front tires stick out about 1.5'' on each side. Kinda bothers me, but not enough to get rear adapters...yet!

From the back looking forward

#78 ·
CST 4/1.5 with stock wheels and tires

I am probably going to purchase the CST 4/1.5 for my 14 Sport CC. Just curious to know how bad will gas mileage be affected if I keep my stock wheels and tires? That will probably be my decision point on whether or not I purchase the kit. Also, are any other parts required in addition to the CST kit? I read someone had to get spacers for the rear because the spindles made the front wheels stick out some. Thanks

#83 ·
Does any manufacturer make a 2" leveling spacer for the front that actually bolts compared to just placing it on top of the strut? The only ones I have found are all four 4x4 and not 2WD. If not, what is the best 2" leveling spacer out there? Daystar, CST, readylift?
The strut assembly is only on the 4wd. We have a coil over style on the 2wd. The only way to lift the suspension without the spindles is a coil spacer. And you are going in the right direction with lift size and the companies. Those are the most popular companies, I believe Fat Bobs makes one for 2wd? Not sure on that one though. And of course you have the generic brands on Ebay, which work fine for most guys. But I would not go above 2'' and maybe 2.5'' max. I have seen many threads where the 3'' maxes out the shocks and gives a terrible ride. And if you put on longer front shocks, it will allow the coil bucket to hit the UCA. Not good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.