DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Pics of potential Audio gear going into my Ram

6K views 57 replies 8 participants last post by  bstc00 
#1 ·
Hey all. I've seen a couple of great threads of guys starting their audio builds, so I thought I'd post some pics of the equipment I'm working with. And then what I'm planning on buying to get the rest of the way. You all are good motivation and a wealth of knowledge. What do you think of the equipment? Any 6.5's that I should consider? I was thinking about Image Dynamics too.

I'm going to purchase one of these 2 6.5's. The Morels if I can get a great price on them. The HAT's if I don't get a good price on the Morels. The HAT's are amazing and worth the $400.

Morel

HAT Unity

The rest of this equipment is all stuff I own now. I'm just waiting for the fronts, the sub box (probably NETAUDIO cuz the FOXBOX won't be deep enough), the wiring Knu Konceptz all around and then it'll be time to install.

Sub: 12" FI Audio Q12. SQ Sub all the way.

Tru Tech Mono 500/1 Not sure if I want to use this amp or my Audison SRX1D

Audison 2 SRx2 for my front stage

Matched Audison Amps

for the zombies

See less See more
#3 ·
That's definitely more involved than my build was lol.. Some great equipment you have there for sure. Should be an amazing sq setup no doubt. Once you rip into your brand new baby the first time, it's easy the next 29 times!! Good luck with the build man !

#4 ·
12Ram, definitely taking notes from your build though. I'm probably going to wait til end of summer before I piece together everything. Can't have the wife getting all made if I buy everything at once. So it's like a piece a month. But I'll update this thread as i get to it.

#6 ·
Going back and forth. Active seems like the way to go, but I'm looking for the right equipment. And active = more cash. I'm trying to keep it under a grand. But dammit. I love me some audio equipment. Didn't win the Morel auction. Kinda bummed.

#11 ·
I've ran Zapco amps in my truck and other vehicles in the past. Ive since changed to Arc amps due me having compulsive tendencies lol
Zapco makes great amps. But TRU and Audison are great amps as well. Do what you want, but you might be splitting hairs at this point. Unless your current amps are not optimally rated for your application (i always want more power)
I think you would yield better results with upgrading your components at this point... Im partial to Dynaudio's esotar line up

#12 ·
Now we're talking. Yeah, I'm setting the budget at comps under $500. Of course, I may blow the whole thing up. I was thinking a more balanced set of equipment. I do love my Audison gear, but Zapco's DC Reference line has built in crossovers and are just so damn sexy. I've been looking at Rainbow and Dyn, but HAT kind of has me. I listened to them at length at a local dealer and good lord they are warm, bright, and balanced. Hard to find Dyn out here to listen to.

#13 ·
Dyns are warm and natural,
Hat's are dynamic and bright (i got some ear fatigue from them after a while)
Rainbows are the best of both worlds
I went with the dyn esotar 650's and esotar 110 tweets cause i like to listen at higher volumes and dyns sounds better and better the louder you get

#15 ·
So I bought 2 type r 12" alpine subs at 4ohm, going to wire them down to 1 ohm and run off my audison. Bought a set of PHD Audiophile 6.1 FB Pro Comps, now waiting for those to ship. Next on the list will be to buy the Fox Box and the LC2i or some other way to get the signal for the sub and the front stage. I hate the waiting game, but I think it will all be worth it.

This video is the main reason I bought the PHD's. http://youtu.be/XAgEQfjKjVg

#20 ·
Some progress. The subs have arrived. Waiting for the comps and the loc. Install soon.
Mine came in yesterday as well - same subs. Online distrib through ebay who I also bought the Kicker 1500.1 from. Was nervous about ordering that way, but they all came in quick and everything looks good. Went with the foxbox as well, which should be in today. Took a while for that - I ordered it on May 13th, but wasn't surprised based on what other people have had to wait. Plan on wiring mine for 2ohm total. Look forward to seeing your install. You have me thinking about going with the PHD's myself.

#19 ·
Woot Woot!!! Thought you were going to wire down to 1 ohm Bolo?

#21 ·
I had ordered the 12D4 but this is what I got. I don't really want to wait and go through the hassle of returning them. So I'll just eat it and go with a 2ohm set up. I'm not trying to go for crazy SPL these days anyways. But yeah, I was a little bummed when I opened the boxes and saw 12D2. Half ohm? No way. My set up won't support that. So 2 ohm it is.

#27 ·
My Audison will go somewhere of the neighborhood of 600-800 at 2ohm. So split that into 2 and we'll see how it sounds. The nice thing I read about the foxbox is that each side is sealed separately, so if I wanted to I could wire down to 1ohm and run a single 12 at 11oo watts and then save up to buy a bigger amp. But that might be overkill. Like I said, I'll just wait and see how it sounds tune it up and play with the set up.

#36 ·
The pics look great. I ordered the 6.1 FB pro kit today from Mike. Can't wait to get them in.

Installed the foxbox, type R 12's, kicker 1500.1 and wiring today as well. I still need to tweak the settings for the amp a bit. I'm very impressed with how they perform so far. Was pretty nervous with some of the mixed foxbox reviews I've read, but am very happy with it. They hit pretty damn hard and love that it's all out of sight. Now just need to figure out what to do with the front section. Not sure how much the PHD's will help with that, but right now mids/highs are pretty lacking. May try the infinitys for the dash. I'm at that stage where I'm content with the RER HU, but hate having to LOC everything coming out of the fact amp to run my own stuff. Hoping new components and deadner improves the sound enough for my satisfaction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.