DODGE RAM FORUM banner

plugs

4K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  jmopar20 
#1 ·
wondering what plugs everyone is running, i had champions in my truck, and it ran good, but not really good.

i just switched to autolite 5224 i believe, truck starts up really fast and idles alot better

wondering what everybody is running and if they noticed any power/fuel mileage increase or decrease?

#13 ·
My Ram is running with the Autolite AP5224 (Single Platinums) and they are side gaped like the higher priced racing plugs. The more spark visible, the better the fuel and air burn. The 3923s are good too, but in some instances, they tend to make the O2 sensor life shorter in the Magnum engines.

All I know is that the Champion plugs cost me a mere $300 to get them pulled out of the block. The original owner never changed them from the show room floor up to 60,000 miles. Those dumb plugs were frozen and three broke. A shop had to EZ-out them and breaking the EZ-out in the process.

#14 ·
I was running a set of Bosch +4's and found that after 30,000 kms that my fuel mileage went goodbye the truck started to stall out after I fired him up first thing in the morning so I pulled those plugs and found out that the electrode was missing in 2 of the plugs went to the local dodge dealer and they said do not run these plugs due to this issue goes for both +2's and +4's ( apparently magnums like to eat them) cause u can send the electrode threw the top of the pistons i lucked out and didnt WOOOHOOO !!! so now im running a set of NGK Platinums takes a little bit more to start up but i have better mileage then when i bought my truck a year ago NGK's OR E3's all the way !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.