DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Adding an MDS LED light when active?

20K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  Dodgey24 
#1 · (Edited)
For those of you that have the 5.7 Hemi with MDS and no light to let you know WHEN and IF it is actually working..........

I found the procedure online here!!!!!

#2 ·
if you just watch your tach while driving for a while you will be able to tell when the mds pops on. I could tell a month after i got my 07 and then added exhaust and could hear it. when cruising you will see it jump up 2 or 300 rpm all the sudden and when you hit resistance see it drop back down. Otherwise my edge evolution has a monitor that tells you when it is in mds mode also. Dont know about the do it yourself job though???

#3 ·
I don't think its possible, but this will be an interesting thread to follow just to find out for certain.

#5 ·
Find the post again and post the link here. :D

#14 ·
On my 2010, there is an MDS indicator in the monitor by the speedo - I turned it off, I don't need to know when its off because I took it off with the Diablo.

#16 ·
great post!! rep for it! and how long does the install take? can anyone take a picture at night with the led on? wanna see how bright it is and is there a blue one available?? i switched my cluster lights to blue and want them all to match! thanks!!!!

#19 ·
yeah i did mine a few months ago and its really easy. i actually had some homemade blue led accent lights for the driver and passenger side and when i learned how to do this mod, i just connected the wires together lol. it was really cool for the short time i had it on there. and i got the same feeling of enjoyment when they would kick on haha! very simple and easy mod and totaly worth spending a few bucks on!

#24 ·
5 minute install - 1 cable that plugs into the OBD2 computer port under the dash.
You can set it up to scan so it displays 2 parameters for a fixed time that you set
then it goes to another set and scrolls through whatever you want.
It also has a 0-60 and 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile timer. You can also program the red lights on it to come on like a shift light on a tach or even to come on when say the
coolant temp goes past a certain degrees the lights will come on to warn you.
Pretty cool thing.
check it out more here
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/

#28 ·
Its really difficult to keep it in MDS mode. I live in california and the freeways are not very flat - so if you even put the slightest pressure on the gas pedal it turns off instantly. It takes some time to come back on when easing off the gas and cruising.
You would really have to drive it like you were driving a prius, to me any mpg gains
are minimal as the actual time in MDS is short.

#30 ·
I had an 06 without exhaust and couldnt ever tell whether MDS was on or off. Now I have an 07 with exhaust and you can EASILY tell when it kicks on or off. Hearing it alot when cruising in the 45-50 mph range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.