DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Uconnect on the 2013 Ram

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Ctrl-z 
#1 ·
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to pass along a few links for all to checkout some of the info for the Uconnect Radio systems in the 2013 Ram's! I for one am super excited about the 2013 and as soon as I pay off 2009 Ram 1500 in around June 2013 I will be ordering a 2013 Ram Hemi 8-Speed 4X4 Crew Cab Laramie with 6'4" Bed with RamBox and Air Suspension! I am drooling already! I am averaging 15 city and 21 highway on my 2009 and if I can get that or better with a bigger bed and 4X4 I will be super happy!

Here are a few links for the Uconnect.

http://www.driveuconnect.com/accessram/

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2012/08/sprint-dodge-ram-uconnect/

Here is a link to MyFuelly.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
they made a deal with both Verizon & Sprint, i don't use either one

I hate to say it, but it also sounds like Chrysler is trying to slip a form of ONSTAR into the 2013 Rams
Onstar is a form of Big Brother Government
A vehicle with ONSTAR can be controlled by the police, they can shut down a GM product to only 2 cylinders, all they have to do is call ONSTAR & tell them to disable the vehicle
I for one did NOT buy a GM product because of just that reason

#4 ·
Per the second Link:

"They’ll be able to choose either a standard monthly data plan or an on-demand, pay-per-use option. Pricing hasn’t been announced, but Marios Zenios, head of Uconnect systems and services for Chrysler, told Wired that customers will be able to choose among data plans through the head unit or the Uconnect website."

#5 ·
I really wonder how much of this going to make it's way North. Canada always seems to be seriously behind the technology 8 ball with all these gadgets. Being a travelling salesman I sure as hell could use this technology. I sure hope Bell, Rogers or Telus get with Chrysler Canada and make this happen. Lord knows if I told my son's Dad's new Ram has mobile WIFI they would be some happy campers on those long road trips and lord knows I sure could use the net when sitting in the middle of nowhere and need system access.

#6 ·
Obviously there will never be Sprint or Verizon available in Canada so it will be interesting to see what Chrysler Canada comes up with. But the whole idea of having to use a separate cell provider/contract for your truck when you already have a data enabled cell phone is just ludicrous. What possible advantage could it offer over your existing cell with wifi hot-spot/data capability???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.