DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2012 ram 1500 K&N install Question

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Jchaney579 
#1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering when I remove my negative battery cable what all exactly will get reset? Just my radio correct? I wont have 0 miles on the ODO and loose all of that will I? Do the transmission have learning perimeters to my driving style that will be reset? Will the lights be dimmer and i have to reset them all etc? Will the automatic windows need to be reset? Dumb question but i have never put an intake on such a newer vehicle.

Thanks guys! Just afraid that my odometer will be reset D:!

#3 ·
The windows stilled had all their automatic functions set as well as the radio stations were still saved? Sirius satellite still functions? And all the dome lights and headlights were still bright as when you disconnected it?

Just making sure, as im very OCD and if they were to all change and could even get them back to the EXACT settings they were at i would still feel like it was different... HAHA

#5 · (Edited)
Your odometer will still the read the correct miles. You will lose your radio settings and such. Disconnecting the negative terminal is suppose to help the ecu adjust to the increased airflow after an intake or filter is installed. Honestly, I see no point in disconnecting it to put an air filter in. The ecu will tune itself either way. That's just my opinion.

#6 ·
Howdy,
You have to disconnect the air sensor cable to extend it with the included extension cable. I got a check engine light when I did it the first time without disconnecting the battery. I disconnected the battery and the check engine light went out. I didnt lose my radio preset stations either. Have a goodun!!!!

#8 · (Edited)
I got it done Saturday afternoon, It feels a bit more open and the thing has a noticeable rumble difference and sounds like more throaty. BUT im not for sure if I like the new sound compared to just the regular OEM intake... My TD Cherry Bombs sounded amazing, and they still do. Its just eh... I kind of have a bad feeling for doing it. But I do not want to get rid of it as its given me performance.

Before Intake

AFTER K&N CAI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.