DODGE RAM FORUM banner

SS/T Stripes

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mosestech99 
#1 ·
In my quest for resto parts for my truck, I've come across Phoenix several times for replacement stripes. I've also noticed that a few of the other SS/T and Indy owners have redone their stripes with Phoenix graphics.

What kind of spacing did you use when installing your stripes? I only have a couple tiny pieces along the edges on my grille that tell me a little bit about the stripes, but not enough to find out exact spacing. And when applying, did you measure from the edge of the hood or mark a centerline and go off that?

What would you recommend as far as striping on new paint, vinyl stripes or have them painted on? How much does a striping spray job cost? I don't want to have to restripe my truck every few years, but part of me also wants the vinyl because of the originality.

#2 ·
Not sure if the SST stripes are the same as the ones on the Indy. Otherwise I would give you the dimensions off my grille and hood, since I still have the originals.

I painted my stripes on when I repainted the truck. It didnt cost much more in paint/labor. If your not going to re-paint the truck I would probably opt for the vinyl stripes.
Really cost is the factor, whats cheaper? It helps to know someone that can paint decently for cheap. Family member, friend, etc. Luckily for me, my cousin runs a paint shop in town.

Unless you have an incredibly low mileage, non modded truck, then I would definitely keep the vinyls on. Phoenix Graphics is pretty decent. Ive bought a few decals from them. My truck is modded and its got 140K miles, so I went with the painted stripes.

Whatever you do, good luck restoring!!

Just my 2 cents.

#3 ·
Dug these up last night. They are the dimensions I had gotten from another member on the forum a long time ago. FYI

-----Stripe Spread-----

Hood

5 3/4" @ rams head
6 1/2" back of the hood

Roof

6 7/8" at the front
6 3/8 at the rear

Tailgate

5 3/4"

------Stripe Width------

Hood

11" @ rams head
11 5/8" at back of hood

Roof
11 3/4" front to back

Tailgate
11 3/4"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.