DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What did you do to your Ram today?

6M views 8K replies 2K participants last post by  Wile E. Coyote Jr. 
#1 ·
First off, I apologize if there is already a thread for this. I looked and used the search function and did not see one.

I'll start off:

I changed the oil and went to synthetic, changed the transfer case fluid, killed the door chime and sealed the LED 3rd brake light the previous owner neglected to. Last night, I installed my old 12's under the back seat.

Reactions: dbdj28
#362 · (Edited)
Tossed in some "hyper yellow" fog bulbs. Photo doesn't really do it justice (they never do where lighting is concerned) but I like it. Won't know about the "higher definition" until this time tomorrow when I use them.

#363 ·
Hey K9...do you ever sleep ? lol...everytime i turn around somethings new on your truck ! Just kidding buddy. The new lights and entire front end look great !

#364 ·
Hahaha, I do. From about 7:30am til 1pm daily. I'm almost done with the truck (I think......) :Wow1:

#370 ·
GOOD CALL on the strips!!!

A step ladder is your friend. Haha!

#368 ·
just ordered the 18" Magnaflow (part # 12278)...now just have to wait for that, then find a good day to get the muffler and front Bilsteins installed

#371 ·
You're gonna love the flow. I was farting around town a lot and it wasn't changing much but then I took a trip to Seattle and back and there was a totally noticable difference after blowing it out on the highway for a couple hundred miles. :wow: I'm sure it's still got a ways to go but progress is progress.

#369 ·
Started painting my engine cover... Gonna be red on the sides and white down the middle. So far a couple coats of primer and the white center.
Red and clear coats tomorrow.

#372 ·
Definitely gonna wanna see some pics of that because I don't even know what you're talking about.

#377 · (Edited)
Put on the Solo Mach40 exhaust kit. It's just a muffler with long pipes that replaces the stock muffler. It's their version of the mufflex. The only thing ill say is dodge welded little bungs on the pipes that fit into notches on the stock muffler. I wish the bungs weren't there, or that solo notched their pipes to accommodate them. It made a pain in the a** of what should have been an easy install. Otherwise it's a straightforward bolt on. Initial sound is a nice upgrade without being obnoxious. I'll update in a few days.

#381 ·
Holy smokes brother...that looks fantastic !

#389 ·
Definitely a worthwhile mod. Love it!!

#388 ·
Well, it looks like there is no aftermarket solution for the tails. All the folks that are selling 09-13 or 11-13 model year LED tails are fibbing when they say that they are direct replacement. They are direct replacement for 09-12 Rams with regular lights. Learned the hard way. That being the case, I am smack dab in the middle of smoking my tails. I will post more pics upon completion. Pic was taken with flash to show reflectivity after three coats of VHT.

#391 ·
Installed my Hunt Group Black oval side steps and K&N drop in filter. Technically I installed tint on my front windows but I also un-installed it shortly after. The adhesive was smearing when drying and I was worried about it drying like that. I have some more coming, never had that happen before.

Also tinted my wifes Dodge Grand Caravan R/T and it went really well.

Tonight it will be installing my Torza top tri-fold and my Retro-solution 55W 5000K Xenon lights for the projects.

Monday, Mufflex DOD24M install.

Then I am done for awhile.

#395 ·
If that url was for a picture, it isn't showing up. Might wanna open up a photobucket account and use the urls listed to the right of the photos once you upload them. I for one am interested in seeing that picture. Love the Rams debadged.

#396 ·
I've got one, too. Hoping they'll take care of it for me when I take it in for service but not getting my hopes up too high. After all, they already made their money off of me.

#398 ·
Looks great man!

#400 · (Edited)
Smoking the tails went ok. Not what I really want but it'll do until some after market lights come out for this truck.