DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2009 Ram 2500 Mega Cab cam Bearings

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  kvette 
#1 ·
Need cam bearings for a 2009 Ram 2500 mega cab 5.7L Hemi if anyone knows where to get just the cam bearings please message me and let me know. Thanks!!!!!!!!!:4-dontknow:

#2 ·
Have you tried your dealer? My dealer had SRT8 push rods and springs in stock when I did the sidewinder cam upgrade. OEM parts for the hemis are pretty cheap and pretty easy to come by, as a rule.

#5 ·
I also checked rock auto as well they show the same part number for 2009 5.7L hemi cam bearings as the 2007 Ram 5.7L hemi engine I have torn apart in my garage, however the 2009 5.7L hemi block I looked at is different and I know it is a 5.7L hemi block also but the front (first) cam bearing is different than the 2007 5.7L hemi block. The diameter of the first cam bearing is considerably larger and wider than that of the 2007 5.7L block. Thanks for the help but still looking for these different cam bearings................:4-dontknow:

#6 ·
Cam Bearings for 2009 Dodge Ram 2500

Did you ever find a solution to the aftermarket #1 cam bearing for the 4th Gen 5.7L Hemi? I'm in the same boat as you were last year...dealer wants entire block replaced. Can't believe someone hasn't made this bearing yet....what's the issue....low demand?

#8 ·
Problem Solved - I wrote Mahle/Clevite on their website contact page and they immediately came back (apologetically I might add) and they are sending me a new set of cam bearings for the "VVT" engine at no charge!!! Yeah....they must have gotten these done recently because they didn't have them last year. The p/n is SH2191S for the set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.