DODGE RAM FORUM banner

WTH, ok check this crap out

3K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  bransonshemi 
#1 ·
so my truck has been in the shop for the past few days, i hydolocked it while out wheeling, it bogged down, we pulled the plugs blah blah blah.....it ran, drove it home, next day it wouldnt start..............

Tacoma dodge just called me back, telling me that they did a compression test and the compressison is all over the place, most likely meaning the rods are bent to shit..........I DIDNT hear a damn thing knocking.....and he said that my extended warranty most likely wont cover this since it was a outside source that killed the motor, and the best bet is to pay the 500 dollar deductable and have the insurance guys come out.......WTF..

So what the hell am i supposed to do. if i had the money for a new motor i would buy a damn hemi. why do warranty places have to be so shady

#2 ·
I seen on another forum guy was out driving on an off beat road, went through a puddle (had just rained) and the insurance covered the new engine. The dealer could not find a replacement hemi, and neither could the insurance company for awhile. dealer called him only engine by them was a 392. But they will most likely look for the 4.7

#3 ·
Like Luke said, maybe the insurance company will cover it.

As for the warranty not covering it, I'll be that if you read your warranty there are clauses in it that say they don't cover things damaged as a result of abuse. Off-roading IS abuse.

#4 ·
i never told them that i was off roading, i was simply driving down a road that had a water hole, hit it, truck bogged down.....bla bla bla

#5 ·
Techs aren't blind nor stupid. They can see how the vehicle was used and what caused the malfunction.

More often than not they will try to figure out a way to get the warranty to pay for something. But sometimes their hands are tied because its just to obvious for them to hide.

#6 ·
oh i know i know. the insurance people are going out there to take a look at it.

#7 ·
Did you ask them how much it would cost to pull the pan and replace just the bent rods?

Just a thought.

#9 ·
no i didnt, im going to go up there and talk to them in a min.

#8 ·
I agree with RB. I bet the tech's took one look at your truck and could tell this wasn't an accident. Hopefully ins. cover's it.

#10 ·
ok, so im pretty sure ins. is going to cover the repairs, they came out wrote up a full estimate and on my usaa account online they wrote it up the claim type as flood loss. and the full list of replacement parts and a total of 4,459. so i doubt they would do all of this work if they were not going to cover it.....right

#11 ·
50/50 chance. They have to do the estimate and write up what happened whether they're going to cover it or not.

All you can do is sit tight, as hard it is. Wish I could offer more.

#14 ·
ok, so i got the call today, the ins. is going to cover me, repairs and my rental car start monday, just have to pay tacoma dodge 500 for the deductable.

#20 ·
Sweet. Congrats.

No more SCUBA diving with your Ram though. :LOL:

#24 ·
sweet, it would be pretty cool if the threw a hemi in it haha

I guess the last thing to say is.... Welcome to the I F&@*^$ my engine wheeling club... :LOL:
Haha, thanks for the welcome
Sweet. Congrats.

No more SCUBA diving with your Ram though. :LOL:
i think im done wheeling it, i cant afford another 500 dollar deductable

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.